Current Affairs: 10th December 2022
Current Affairs: 8th DECEMBER 2022
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
Welcome to the ODISHA REGIONAL STUDY POINT Current Affairs website which provides you with the best compilation of the Daily Current Affairs 2022 taking place across the globe: National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, Banking, Economy, Agreement, Appointments, Ranks and Report and General Studies. ORSP has been a fantastic buddy in assisting you in reaching your full potential in terms of knowledge and learning by providing you with the top academic information.
ORSP is one of the most popular Current Affairs website in India for UPSC, SSC, Banking / IBPS, IAS, NTSE, Railways, NDA, CDS, Judiciary, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPSC, MPPSC, and other state civil services / government job recruitment examinations in India.
Current Affairs is a major part of the exams like UPSC, UPSC CSE, IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, UKPSC, APPSC, MPSC etc. Many Govt job aspirants have benefited from our Current Affairs website now it’s your turn. This is the best current affairs site to find recent updates on Daily Current Affairs not only for competitive exams but also for interviews and updated with the latest information happening in nation and around the world.
1) Who has been named as the Times ‘Person of the Year 2022′ by Time Magazine?
A. Xi Jinping
B. Liz Chaney
C. Elon Musk
D. Volodymyr Zelensky
D. Volodymyr Zelensky
• Time magazine has named President Volodymyr
Zelensky as well as “the spirit of Ukraine” as its 2022
person of the year.
• The Time person of the year award goes to an event
or person deemed to have had the most influence on
global events over the past 12 months.
• In 2021, Elon Musk was the Time person of the Year
2) Which word has been declared as the “Word of the Year 2022” as per Oxford?
D. Goblin Mode
• India is expected to overtake Brazil become the 8thlargest advertising market in 2023, according to GroupM’s global end-of-year forecast.
• In ‘This Year, Next Year 2022’ report, GroupM has ranked India as the 9th-largest advertising market globally.
• It says India’s total advertising revenue in 2022 has grown by 15.8% to touch $14.9 billion, led by growth in pure-play digital advertising. In 2023, it is expected to grow by 16.8%.
• The United States is the largest advertising market in the world followed by (2) China, (3) Japan, (4) the United Kingdom, (5) Germany, (6) France, (7) Canada, (8) Brazil and (9th) India.
3) India’s first Drone Yatra has been inaugurated in
• Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports, and
Information and Broadcasting Anurag Singh Thakur
on 6th December 2022, inaugurated India’s first
Drone Skilling and Training Virtual E-Learning
Platform in Chennai.
• Thakur also launched the first of 1000 planned Drone
Centre of Excellence at Garuda Aerospace’s
Manufacturing unit in Chennai.
• Thakur also flagged off Garuda Aerospace’s Drone
Yatra, ‘Operation 777’ – meant to educate and
demonstrate the efficacy of drones for different
agricultural uses across 777 districts in India.
4) As per Google report titled “Year in Search 2022”, Most searched trending topic in India is –
D. ICC T20
• According to Google’s annual yearend report titled
“Year in Search 2022,” on 7 December 2022, the
Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket tournament
remained the top trending query for the third
• It was followed by CoWIN, a government web portal
that facilitates registrations and appointments for
COVID-19 vaccines and issues digital vaccine
• The third most searched trending topic in India was
the FIFA World Cup, which kicked off on November
20 in Qatar.
5) What is the current Repo Rate as per RBI, on December 2022?
• The Reserve Bank of India monetary policy
committee (MPC) has raised the policy repo rate by
35 basis points (bps) to 6.25 percent with immediate
• This is the fifth consecutive hike by the central bank.
The Repo rate is the rate at which the RBI lends
money to all commercial banks.
• While RBI has lowered the GDP growth projection of
India for the current fiscal at 6.8% from 7%.
• CPI inflation forecast for FY23 retained at 6.7%.
• The size of forex reserves has increased to 561.2
billion as on December 2.
6) Who will unveil the FIFA World Cup 2022 final trophy?
A. Aishwarya Rai
B. Katrina Kaif
C. Deepika Padukone
D. Priyanka Chopra
C. Deepika Padukone
• Deepika Padukone will unveil the FIFA World Cup
trophy in Qatar before the World Cup final on
• The 36-year-old Dipika will be the first actor to
receive such an honour at the world’s most-watched
• The FIFA World Cup final will be held on December
18 at the Lusail Iconic Stadium in Qatar.
• Nora Fatehi, an actor and dancer, performed last
week at the FIFA World Cup 2022 Fan Festival at Al
Bidda Park in Doha. She performed on the World Cup
anthem “Light the Sky.”
7) Which state government has unveiled Asia’s first drone delivery hub?
• Meghalaya government in partnership with Startup
TechEagle has unveiled Asia’s first drone delivery hub
and network Meghalaya Drone Delivery Network
• Aimed: at providing universal access to healthcare for
the people in the state
• The Meghalaya Drone Delivery Network (MDDN)
project is aimed at delivering vital supplies like drugs,
diagnostic samples, vaccines, blood and blood
components quickly and safely to different regions of
the state using a dedicated drone delivery network.
8) Which Indian-origin was honoured with the 2022Prime Minister’s prize in Australia?
A. Veena Nair
B. Aparajita Rai
C. Nina Singh
D. Rema Rajeshwari
A. Veena Nair
• Indian-origin teacher, Veena Nair was honoured with
the 2022 Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in
Science Teaching in secondary schools in Australia
• She is ViewBank College’s Head of Technology and
STEAM project leader.
• She was awarded for demonstrating practical
application of STEAM to students, and how they can
use their skills to make a real impact in the world.
• She started her teaching career in Mumbai, where
she provided computers to low socio-economic
9) In Last 1 year, India’s coal production has
• India’s total coal production has increased by 66% to
75.87 Million Tonnes (MT) from 67.94 MT during
November 2022 as compared to November 2021.
• According to the coal ministry data, in November
2022, Coal India Ltd (CIL) registered a growth of 12.82
percent, whereas Singareni Collieries Company
Limited (SCCL) and other captive mines registered a
growth of 7.84 percent and 6.87 per cent
• Coal-based power generation also registered a
• 16.28 per cent in November as compared to last year
10) What is India’s estimated GDP growth forecast by World Bank for FY23?
• World Bank has revised upwards its GDP growth
forecast for India to 6.9 percent for 2022-23 from 6.5
• In October, the World Bank cut India’s GDP growth
forecast to 6.5 percent from 7.5 percent earlier. Now,
it has upgraded the projection to 6.9 percent for
2022-23 (April 2022 -March 2023).
• It however saw the government meeting the fiscal
deficit target of 6.4 percent of the GDP in 2022-23.
• World Bank expects inflation at 7.1 percent in the
current fiscal year
11) Who has won silver at the 2022 World Weightlifting Championships in Colombia?
A. Sneha Soren
B. Sukhen Dey
C. Ganesh Mali
D. Mirabai Chanu
D. Mirabai Chanu
• Olympic silver medallist Mirabai Chanu won silver at
the 2022 World Weightlifting Championships in
Colombia on December 7, 2022.
• This was Mirabai’s second medal at the World
Championships, having previously won gold in 2017
with a lift of 194 kg.
• She beat the Tokyo 2020 champion Hou Zhihua of
• She managed to lift a total weight of 200kg (87kg in
snatch and 113kg in ‘clean and jerk’).
12) Which movie won the Spotlight Award at the Hollywood Critics Association?
C. Sita Ramam
• RRR won the Spotlight Award at the Hollywood Critics
Association after director SS Rajamouli won the best
director award at the New York Film Critics Circle.
• The cast and crew of ‘RRR,’ together with Angela Bassett
and Rian Johnson, will accept the award at the 6th HCA
Film Awards in Los Angeles.
• Recently, on December 2, 2022, director SS Rajamouli
won the best director award at the New York Film Critics
Circle. This would be the second international award
captured by RRR within a week.
• SS Rajamouli’s remarkable RRR has been awarded the
prestigious Saturn Award 2022 in the Best International