Current Affairs: 5th January 2023
Current Affairs: 5th JANUARY 2023
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
Welcome to the ODISHA REGIONAL STUDY POINT Current Affairs website which provides you with the best compilation of the Daily Current Affairs 2023 taking place across the globe: National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, Banking, Economy, Agreement, Appointments, Ranks and Report and General Studies. ORSP has been a fantastic buddy in assisting you in reaching your full potential in terms of knowledge and learning by providing you with the top academic information.
ORSP is one of the most popular Current Affairs website in India for UPSC, SSC, Banking / IBPS, IAS, NTSE, Railways, NDA, CDS, Judiciary, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPSC, MPPSC, and other state civil services / government job recruitment examinations in India.
Current Affairs is a major part of the exams like UPSC, UPSC CSE, IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, UKPSC, APPSC, MPSC etc. Many Govt job aspirants have benefited from our Current Affairs website now it’s your turn. This is the best current affairs site to find recent updates on Daily Current Affairs not only for competitive exams but also for interviews and updated with the latest information happening in nation and around the world.
Let us have a look at Today’s Questions:-
1) Which of the following has launched the ‘SMART’ program in January 2023?
A. Ministry of Home Affairs
B. Ministry of Defence
C. Ministry of Women and Child Development
D. Ministry of Ayush
The correct answer is Ministry of Ayush.
- Ministry of Ayush has launched ‘SMART’ (Scope for Mainstreaming Ayurveda Research in Teaching Professionals) program.
- It aims to boost scientific research in priority healthcare research areas through Ayurveda colleges and hospitals.
- The proposed initiative is conceptualized with the objective to identify, support and promote innovative research ideas in healthcare research areas.
- The National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) and the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) launched the program.
- The program was launched by Vaidya Jayant Deopujari, Chairman, NCISM and Prof.
- Rabinarayan Acharya, Director General, CCRAS in the presence of Prof. B. S. Prasad, President of Board of Ayurveda, NCISM and other senior officials.
- The proposed initiative is conceptualised with an objective to identify, support and promote innovative research ideas in healthcare research areas including Osteoarthritis, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Chronic Bronchitis, Dyslipidemia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
2) India signed a Comprehensive Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement with which country in January 2023?
The correct answer is Austria.
Key Points: –
- India signed a Comprehensive Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement with Austria.
- It has similar agreements with France, UK, Germany, and Finland.
- India aims to finalise these agreements with European countries as a stepping stone to resolving issues over the long-pending India-European Union Free Trade Agreement and facilitating Indian professionals working in these countries.
Capital – Vienna.
Currency – Euro.
National Sport – Alpine skiing
3) Which city in Gujarat received its first In vitro fertilization (IVF) mobile device on January 1, 2023?
The correct answer is Amreli.
- Gujarat’s Amreli, India received its first In vitro fertilization (IVF) mobile device on January 1, 2023.
- Purushottam Rupala, Union Minister, launched the mobile IVF lab.
- IVF is a complicated sequence of operations used to aid with fertility and child conception.
- It is a sophisticated reproductive technique used in animals to multiply better female germplasm at a faster pace.
Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Number of Districts – 33
Lok Sabha seats – 26
Rajya Sabha seats – 11
State Animal – Asiatic lion
State Bird – Greater flamingo
National Parks – Vansda National Park, Blackbuck National Park, Gir Forest National Park, Marine National Park
Dams – Sardar Sarovar Dam(Narmada River), Ukai Dam (Tapti River), Dantiwada Dam (Banas River), Kadana dam (Mahi River), Kamleshwar Dam(Hiran River)
Registered GI: Agates of Cambay, Kutch Embroidery, Patan Patola, Tangaliya Shawl.
4) Who became India’s 78th Grandmaster in MPL 59th National Senior Chess Championship in New Delhi?
A. Pranav Anand
B. Koustav Chatterjee
C. V Pranav
D. Aditya Mittal
The correct answer is Koustav Chatterjee.
- Koustav Chatterjee became India’s 78th Grandmaster in MPL 59th National Senior Chess Championship in New Delhi.
- The 19-year-old drew his game against GM Mitrabha Guha.
Koustav hailing from Kolkata becomes West Bengal’s tenth Grandmaster.
- Koustav earned his maiden GM-norm at Sheikh Russel GM 2021 in Bangladesh and scored his second GM-norm at Asian Continental Championship 2022.
77th Grandmaster – Aditya Mittal
76th Grandmaster – Pranav Anand
75th Grandmaster – V Pranav
5) Tata Group veteran RK Krishnakumar passed away in January 2023. He was awarded Padma Shri in which year?
The correct answer is 2009.
- Tata Group veteran RK Krishnakumar passed away in January 2023.
- He joined the group’s investment company Tata Industries fresh out of Presidency College, Chennai, in 1963.
- He subsequently moved to different Tata entities in his 60-year-long career.
- KK became part of Ratan Tata’s inner circle in 1997.
- He subsequently became VC of Tata Consumer & Indian Hotels, director of Tata Sons and trustee of Tata Trusts.
- He was awarded Padma Shri in 2009.
- Brazilian football legend Pele, who won a record three World Cups passed away at the age of 82 on 28th December 2022.
- England’s 1966 World Cup-winning right back George Cohen died aged 83 on 23 December 2022.
- H. R. Keshava Murthy, a senior Gamaka exponent who was honoured with Padma Shri earlier in 2022, passed away.
- Legendary Telugu actor Kaikala Satyanarayana passed away in December 2022.
- Priya Mohan Sinha, former chief executive of PepsiCo India who first ‘Indianised’ colas in India, passed away in December 2022.
- Lance Naik Bhairon Singh Rathore, a BSF veteran and hero of the 1971 IndiaPakistan War, passed away in Jodhpur at the age of 81 on 20 December 2022.
- Abigail Kinoiki Kekaulike Kawananakoa, a Hawaiian princess passed away at the age of 96 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
6) Which bank has partnered with SBI Card to launch co-brand credit cards for the bank’s customers?
A. Union Bank of India
B. Bank of India
C. Punjab and Sind Bank
D. Bank of Baroda
The correct answer is Punjab and Sind Bank.
- Public sector bank Punjab and Sind Bank (PSB) has partnered with SBI Card to launch co-brand credit cards for the bank’s customers.
- PSB has also entered the credit card market as a new product segment in its portfolio as a result of this collaboration.
- Three card variants—the PSB SBI Card ELITE, PSB SBI Card PRIME, and PSB SimplySAVE SBI Card—have been launched by both partners.
Punjab & Sind Bank is an Indian public sector bank headquartered in New Delhi.
Founder: Vir Singh
Founded: 24 June 1908
7) Railway Ministry has outlined a five-pronged plan to become carbon-neutral by which year?
The correct answer is 2030.
- Railway Ministry has outlined a five-pronged plan to become carbon-neutral by 2030.
- The plan aims to reduce energy consumption through efficient operations and increase the use of renewable energy.
- Components of the plan are installation of rooftop solar panels on all railway establishments, Sustainable Buildings, Energy Efficiency in Equipment and Appliances and Power Quality and Restoration.
- Non-traction operations are those which are not directly connected to the running of trains on the railway network.
- Non-traction end-uses account for over 2,100 GWh of electricity use per year, projected to increase by 30 per cent by 2030.
8) 129th birth anniversary of Satyendra Nath Bose was observed on 1 January 2023. In which year was he awarded Padma Vibhushan?
The correct answer is 1954.
- 129th birth anniversary of Satyendra Nath Bose was observed on 1 January 2023.
- Bose was born in Kolkata on January 1, 1894.
- Bose got a Bachelor of Science degree at the Presidency College and later an MSc in Mixed Mathematics in 1915.
- Bose collaborated with Einstein to develop what we now know as the Bose-Einstein statistics.
- He was appointed to the position of Reader in Physics at the University of Dhaka.
- Bose was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1954.
- Satyendra Nath Bose was a Bengali mathematician and physicist specializing in theoretical physics.
- He is best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s, in developing the foundation for Bose statistics and the theory of the Bose condensate.
9) In January 2023, Croatia adopted EU’s common currency-Euro and joins Schengen Area. The country joined the EU in which year?
The correct answer is 2013.
- Croatia adopted EU’s common currency-Euro and joins Schengen Area.
- Croatia adopted the European Union’s (EU) common currency, the euro, and joined the Schengen Area, Europe’s visa-free travel area, on January 1, 2023.
- With this, Croatia became a fully integrated member of EU.
The country joined the EU in 2013.
- Schengen Area signifies a zone where 27 European countries, abolished their internal borders, for the free and unrestricted movement of people.
Capital – Zagreb.
It is a country at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe.
Its sole coast is on the Adriatic Sea.
10) Which anniversary of the Battle of Koregaon Bhima was celebrated on 1 January 2023?
The correct answer is 205th.
- 205th anniversary of the Battle of Koregaon Bhima was celebrated on 1 January 2023.
- The battle of Bhima Koregaon was fought on January 1, 1818, between Peshwa Bajirao II and British army commanded by Captain F F Staunton of the East India Company.
- The battle was a part of the Third Anglo-Maratha War.
- The British army was largely dominated by Mahars – the most populous of the Dalit sub-castes in Maharashtra.
- The Dalit-dominated British Army had defeated the Peshwa army.
- ‘Jaystambh’ is a ‘military monument’ erected by the British government in 1821 in memory of its soldiers, who fought against the Peshwas.
- Later, the British appointed their soldier Kandojibin Gajoji Jamadar (Malvadkar), who was injured in the battle, as in charge of the ‘Jaystambh’ on December 13, 1824.
- As per a Dalit narrative, a British Army comprising 500 soldiers from the Mahar community defeated a 25,000-strong force of upper caste Peshwas in the battle of Koregaon Bhima.
Please Log in Before Quiz (Log in Link is in Top Menu)