Current Affairs: 6th JANUARY 2023
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
Welcome to the ODISHA REGIONAL STUDY POINT Current Affairs website which provides you with the best compilation of the Daily Current Affairs 2023 taking place across the globe: National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, Banking, Economy, Agreement, Appointments, Ranks and Report and General Studies. ORSP has been a fantastic buddy in assisting you in reaching your full potential in terms of knowledge and learning by providing you with the top academic information.
ORSP is one of the most popular Current Affairs website in India for UPSC, SSC, Banking / IBPS, IAS, NTSE, Railways, NDA, CDS, Judiciary, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPSC, MPPSC, and other state civil services / government job recruitment examinations in India.
Current Affairs is a major part of the exams like UPSC, UPSC CSE, IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, UKPSC, APPSC, MPSC etc. Many Govt job aspirants have benefited from our Current Affairs website now it’s your turn. This is the best current affairs site to find recent updates on Daily Current Affairs not only for competitive exams but also for interviews and updated with the latest information happening in nation and around the world.
Let us have a look at Today’s Questions:-
1) Which state government has launched the ‘Didir Suraksha Kawach’ programme?
C. West Bengal
The correct answer is C. West Bengal.
- West Bengal CM, Mamata Banerjee has launched two programme named ‘Didir Suraksha Kawach’ and ‘Didir Doot’, ahead of the 2023 panchayat polls.
• The programme, ‘Didir Suraksha Kawach’ or ‘Didi’s Protective Shield’, aims to be a welfare umbrella for the people of West Bengal. It will see nearly 3.5 lakh party workers visit around two crore households (covering the state’s 10 crore population) over the next two months.
• ‘Didir Doot’, a mobile application has also been developed for people to register their problems. This initiative follows Banerjee’s ‘Didi ke Balo’ programme in 2019, which aimed to reach out to common people and was successful.
2) Which state government has abolished the “Revenue policing system”?
The correct answer is B. Uttarakhand
Key Points: –
- The Uttarakhand government has abolished the revenue/Patwari policing system in the state.
• This was notified by the Pushkar Singh Dhami government on 3 January 2023.
• All the revenue villages will now be under the regular policing system.
• According to the Chief Minister’s Office the law and order in 1,800 revenue villages of Uttarakhand will now be handled by the state police.
• It was introduced by the British in the hilly state 150 years back. Under the system the civil officials/patwari of the Revenue department had the power to investigate and arrest the offenders just like police
3) NTPC has started India’s first green hydrogen blending operation in –
D. Uttar Pradesh
The correct answer is A. Gujarat
- NTPC has started India’s first green hydrogen blending operation in piped natural gas (PNG) network in Surat, Gujarat.
The project is a collaboration between NTPC and Gujarat Gas Limited (GGL).
Prime Minister Narendra Modi lay the project’s foundation stone in July 2022.
4) Recently, Indian Library Congress has been inaugurated by
A. Pinarayi Vijayan
B. Pema Khandu
C. Bhupesh Baghel
D. Arvind Kejriwal
The correct answer is A. Pinarayi Vijayan
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated Indian Library Congress at the
Collectorate Ground in Kannur, Kerala.
The People’s Mission for Social Development and
Library Council organized the event in association
with Kannur University.
The program was presided over by Dr. V Shivdan, and
Higher Education Minister Dr. R Bindu announced
100 new libraries to be dedicated to the Kannur
5) Who became Asia’s first country to launch Hydrogen powered urban trains?
The correct answer is C. China
- China became the first country in Asia and second in the world to launch Hydrogen powered urban trains.
Germany was the first country to introduce hydrogen powered trains in September 2022.
• Chinese company CRRC Corporations ltd built a train that has a top speed of 160 KM per hour and can run without refuelling for 600 Km.
• The German Coradia iLint serial train developed by French company Alstom has set a record 1175 Km range without refuelling.
• As per Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, India will most likely get its first-ever indigenous Hydrogen trains by December 2023
6) Which country has become the 20th member of the Eurozone?
The correct answer is D. Croatia
- Croatia has adopted the euro as its currency with effect from 1 January 2023 and become the 20th member of the eurozone.
Croatia has entered the EU in 2013. It becomes the 27th country to join the Schengen area.
Schengen Area: It is an area that comprises 27 European countries that have abolished all passports and border
control at their respective mutual borders • Eurozone: It is officially called the euro area.
The monetary authority of the Eurozone is the Eurosystem.
7) Who has inaugurated the 100-metre, “Siyom Bridge” in Arunachal Pradesh?
A. Amit Shah
B. Nitin Gadkari
C. Narendra Modi
D. Rajnath Singh
The correct answer is D. Rajnath Singh
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the 100metre, Siyom Bridge in Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
This bridge will open an alternative route to the India-China border.
- The Siyom Bridge is one of the 28 projects completed by the Border Roads Organisation at a cost of Rs 724 crore to strengthen border infrastructure.
8) Government of India has launched the ‘SMART’ program in the field of
The correct answer is Ayurveda
- The National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) and the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) have launched ‘SMART’ program.
‘SMART’ refers to Scope for Mainstreaming Ayurveda Research in Teaching Professionals.
Aim: To boost scientific research in priority healthcare research areas through Ayurveda colleges and hospitals.
9) Who is the first female officer to be appointed in the Siachen Battlefield?
A. Puja Singh
B. Arti Shah
C. Shivani Singh
D. Shiva Chouhan
The correct answer is D. Shiva Chouhan
- Captain Shiva Chauhan of Fire and Fury Sappers hasbecome the first woman officer to be operationallydeployed in Kumar Post at the highest battlefield inthe world-Siachen.
Before this, no women officer was ever deployed at Siachen glacier at such an altitude in the past 40 years after India launched Operation Meghdoot to secure the world’s highest and coldest battleground.
The temperature at Siachen can dip to minus 60 degrees Celsius
10) Who has become the fastest bowler in India?
A. Jaspreet Bumrah
B. Umran Malik
C. Mohammed Shami
D. Navdeep Saini
The correct answer is B. Umran Malik
- Umran Malik, India’s pace phenom, hit 155 kmph on the speed radar in the first T20I against Sri Lanka to become the fastest Indian bowler, surpassing Jasprit Bumrah’s record.
- Bumrah holds the record for 153.6kmph. Pacer Mohammed Shami is third on the list for bowling the fastest delivery. He racked up his pace to 153.3 kph while Navdeep Saini is fourth recording 152.85 kph on the speed gun.