ELEMENTARY VERB TEST – 3
– Present Simple: Positive, Negative, Question
– Verbs – Jobs
– Personal pronouns and possessive adjectives
1. She _____ a uniform.
A) wear B) to wear C) wearing D) wears
2. He _____ his car every weekend.
A) wash B) washes C) washing D) washed
3. Rosemary _____ three languages.
A) speaks B) talks C) tells D) know
4. My dad _____ at 7 o’clock everyday.
A) stands up B) looks up C) gets up D) jumps up
5. Isabel is a flight attendant. She _____ passengers.
A) serve B) to serve C) serves D) serving
6. Their son _____ in this hospital.
A) works B) begins C) starts D) likes
7. Jim’s a postman. He _____ letters to people.
A) answers B) works C) delivers D) serves
8. Jane’s a doctor. She _____ ill people.
A) looks at B) speaks to C) helps D) serves drinks
9. Bern _____ in a flat in Birmingham.
A) lives B) stands C) has D) wants
10. Nancy’s uncle is a pilot. He _____ all over the world.
A) goes B) sees C) travels D) delivers
11. In winter Sheila _____ skiing and in summer _____ tennis.
A) makes / plays B) goes / plays
C) does / plays D) starts / *
12. My friend’s son _____ Turkish and English at university.
A) has B) plays C) studies D) goes
13. Most of the people _____ work at 8 o’clock every morning.
A) finishes B) goes C) does D) starts
14. A: _____ does Tony Blair live?
B: In Great Britain.
A) When B) Where C) What time D) How
15. _____ does your father do in his free time?
A) Why B) What kind C) How many D) What
16. _____ does Andy’s little brother play with?
A) Who B) Why C) How old D) Where
17. A: _____ does Natalie’s nephew do?
B: He’s an architect.
A) How B) Whom C) When D) What
18. A: _____ does it rain here?
B: Mostly in summer and winter.
A: _____ snow?
B: In winter.
A) When / Why B) Why / How
C) What time / Whom D) When / What about
19. A: _____ does Anthony go to work? B: _____ bus.
A) How / By B) How well / On
C) What kind / In D) How / In
20. She _____ from England.
A) come B) comes C) don’t come D) goes
21. _____ she _____ French?
A) Do / speaks B) Does / speaks
C) Does / speak D) Is / speak
22. She _____ _____ from America.
A) don’t comes B) doesn’t come
C) doesn’t comes D) does comes
23. Every time he _____ a glass of lemonade before breakfast.
A) is B) have C) has D) does
24. _____ he _____ three children?
A) Does / have B) Does / has C) Do / have D) Has / have
25. _____ a shower.
A) Come B) Go C) Have D) Has
26. _____ the phone.
A) Go B) Read C) Look D) Answer
27. She _____ a white coat.
A) wear B) wears C) does wear D) have
28. _____ a magazine.
A) Go B) Read C) Live D) Has
29. Our teacher gives _____ a lot of homework.
A) our B) us C) her D) his
30. He _____ television every evening.
A) watch B) watches C) see D) buy
31. At ten we go _____ bed.
A) in B) on C) to D) sleep
32. He picks up the apples _____ the tree.
A) for B) from C) on D) at
33. Get _____ the bus.
A) on B) in C) to D) out
34. She lives _____ Switzerland.
A) at B) on C) in D) city
35. A nurse looks _____ people in hospital.
A) at B) for C) after D) helps
36. There’s a letter _____ you.
A) for B) to C) about D) on
37. Tourists come _____ boat.
A) by B) to C) of D) with
38. He drives the children _____ school.
A) of B) at C) to D) go
39. He speaks to people _____ his radio.
A) at B) on C) of D) in
40. She likes going _____ walks _____ summer.
A) for / at B) to / at C) for / in D) on / at
41. She goes skiing _____ her free time.
A) in B) on C) at D) of
42. He works _____ an undertaker.
A) as B) for C) of D) in
43. “Does she live in Australia?”
“No, she _____.”
A) do B) does C) don’t D) doesn’t
44. We _____ _____ watching television.
A) doesn’t like B) do like C) doesn’t like D) don’t like
45. He _____ to help people.
A) flies B) likes C) runs D) swims
46. _____ _____ languages does she speak?
A) How much B) How many C) Why D) Where
47. _____ sells things.
A) A postman B) A nurse C) A doctor D) A shopkeeper
48. A barman _____.
A) sells things B) serves drinks
C) delivers letters D) drinks a lot
49. _____ _____ looks after money.
A) A nurse B) A postman
C) An accountant D) A dentist
50. __________ designs buildings.
A) A pilot B) An architect
C) An interpreter D) An engineer
51. He lives ____ an island _____ the west of Scotland.
A) on / in B) in / in C) on / on D) in / at
52. She’s married _____ an American man.
A) with B) for C) to D) on
53. He _____ listening _____ music.
A) like / to B) likes / to C) likes / of D) likes / with
54. “How _____ he _____ to work?”
A) do / go B) does / goes C) does / go D) does / play
55. Anna likes Joanna, but Maria doesn’t like _____.
A) her B) them C) your D) their
56. That’s my dictionary. Can I have ___ back please?
A) it B) you C) them D) my
57. Philippe _____ in London.
A) work B) starts C) comes D) lives
58. “_____ he married?”
“No, he _____.”
A) Is / doesn’t B) Does / isn’t C) Is / isn’t D) Does / is
59. “What _____ she do?”
“She is an interpreter.”
A) is B) do C) does D) are
60. _____ he sleep well?
A) Has B) Have C) Do D) Does
1-D 2-B 3-A 4-C 5-C 6-A 7-C 8-C
9-A 10-C 11-B 12-C 13-D 14-B 15-D 16-A
17-D 18-D 19-A 20-B 21-C 22-B 23-C 24-A
25-C 26-D 27-B 28-B 29-B 30-B 31-C 32-B
33-A 34-C 35-C 36-A 37-A 38-C 39-B 40-C
41-A 42-A 43-D 44-D 45-B 46-B 47-D 48-B
49-C 50-B 51-A 52-C 53-B 54-C 55-A 56-A
57-D 58-C 59-C 60-D