| Odisha Current Affairs 2021 | January to December | Selected MCQ 500 | OAS ASO OSSC |
| Odisha Current Affairs 2021 |
| January to December |
|Selected MCQ 500 | OAS ASO OSSC |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1. In which city of Odisha the first ever mega Oxygen Shelter “Amruta Dhara” was launched?
- ‘ Cuttack’
- ‘ Balasore’
- ‘ Bhubaneshwar’
- ‘ Bhubaneshwar’
- For oxygen No one will suffer at Odisha. Sabyasachi Mishra, actor feel great to announce that the first ever mega Oxygen Shelter “Amruta Dhara” launched today at Bhubaneswar. This is a joint initiative of Smile Please, Sparsh Hospitals & The Odisha Society of the Americas – Health & Wellness Group. Thanks to BMC for giving us the permission to serve .
2. The Odisha Cabinet approved a proposal for construction and widening of Biiu Expressway which is a dual carriageway expressway connecting Chandili village to Rourkela. Chandili is located in which district?
- ‘ Rayagada’
- ‘ Koraput’
- ‘ Malkangiri’
- Biju Expressway is a dual carriageway in the Indian state of Odisha,  with a total length of 650 km. It starts at Chandili (border village in Koraput district) and goes on to touch border towns/market centres such as Kotpad, Boriguma, Nabarangpur, Papadahandi, Ambapani, Godbhanja, Dharmagarh, Sinapalli, Bhella, Nuapada, Paikamal, Padampur, Sohela, Sambalpur, Jharsuguda, Sundargarh before ending at Rourkela.
3. Which is the India’s first city in Odisha to provide 24×7 Drink-From-Tap quality water?
- ‘ Puri’
- ‘ Cuttack’
- ‘ Kalahandi’
- The temple town of Puri in Odisha is now the first town in India where all the residents (2.5 lakh) can have 24-hour quality drinking water from the tap, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik declared on July 26.
- WATER FOUNTAINS SET UP IN PURI IN 400 LOCATION
Jal Jeevan Mission, is envisioned to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections by 2024 to all households in rural India. The programme will also implement source sustainability measures as mandatory elements, such as recharge and reuse through grey water management, water conservation, rain water harvesting. The Jal Jeevan Mission will be based on a community approach to water and will include extensive Information, Education and communication as a key component of the mission.
The Mission was launched on August 15, 2019.
Ministry of Jal Shakti Agency overview Formed May 2019 Jurisdiction Republic of India Ministers responsible
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Cabinet Minister
- Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State
- Bishweswar Tudu, Minister of State
4. The Odisha government has launcheda special scheme called ‘Ekamra Plan’ for the development of Ekamra Kshetra. It is an ancient Hindu Temple city in which city of Odisha?
- ‘ Sambalpur’
- ‘ Balasore’
- ‘ Bhubansehwar’
- Ekamra Kshetra or the temple city of Bhubaneswar is a series of ancient sandstone temples,
In the year 2020 Government of Odisha decided to make the area modern, which will attract more tourists. The Ekamra Kshetra development project covers an area of 1126 acre with an outer core of 476 acre, intermediate core of 504 acre and inner core of 145 acre.
The first phase of the project includes outer access road development, Lingaraj entry plaza, Bindusagar revival plan, parking space, heritage complex, development of amenities for Kedar Gouri- Mukteswar complex, e-auto project, relocation project and a state-of-the-art interpretation centre. As Bindusagar is a major attraction, work has started on its holistic development and beautification. All construction between Lingaraj Temple and Bindusagar will be dismantled so that pilgrims can also visit the Bindhyabasini, Bhabanishankar, Sukashari and Mohini temples without any problem.
5. The Mountain Hockey’ will be the first Odia documentary to be released on an OTT platform. It will be released on which OTT platform?
- ‘ Amazon Prime’
- ‘ Disney+ Hotstar’
- ‘ Zee5’
‘ Disney+ Hotstar
- ‘The Mountain Hockey’ becomes first Odia documentary on Disney+ Hotstar. Bhubaneswar: Great news for hockey lovers across the state as popular OTT platform Disney+ Hotstar on Friday released the Odia documentary ‘The Mountain Hockey’ .
Helmed by Raj Kishor Hota and Manish Bhusan Mishra, the idea behind the documentary was first realised during the hugely successful 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup in Bhubaneswar.
The documentary follows the story of the trying times of a selfless teacher, hockey coach and sports activist Rajendra Kumar Kujur as he goes through a lot of hardship to teach hockey to tribal girls in a remote area of Odisha.
6. The Vamsadhara Water Dispute Tribunal (VWDT) permitted Andhra Pradesh too construct the Neradi barrage across the Vamsadhara river. It originates from which district of Odisha?
- ‘ Kandhamal’
- ‘ Rayagada’
- ‘ Bolangir’
7.What is the rank of Odisha in the Sustainable Development Goals(SDG) India Index and Dashboard 2020-21 which was released by NITI Aayog ?
- ‘ 16th’
- ‘ 19th’
- ‘ 11th’
8.Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has announced the formation new department exclusively for the development of the women and self-help groups. What is the name of this department ?
- ‘Mission Mamata’
- ‘ Mission Shakti’
- ‘ Mission Sudakhya’
- ‘ Mission Mahila Shashaktikaran’
9.Bande Utkala Janani’, Odisha’s state anthem, was written by whom ?
- ‘Radha Mohan Gadanayak’
- ‘Ananta Patnaik’
- ‘ Godavarish Mohapatra’
- ‘ Laxmikant Mohapatra’
10.Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has launched which of the following schemes for education, health and maintenance of Covid orphans ?
- ‘ Khushi’
- ‘ Unnati’
11. Odisha Tourism Development Corporation (OTDC) launched its Pitha on Wheels’ initiative to provide ‘pithas’ to people in the city amid the Covid-19 guidelines to mark which festival?
a) Mahabisuva Sankranti
b) Raja Parba
12. Which senior bureaucrat of Odisha government has written a book of poems ‘Beyond Here and Other Poems’?
a)Suresh Chandra Mahapatra
b) Sudershan Pal Thakur
c)Pradipta Kumar Mohapatra
d) Bishnupada Sethi
12. Which cityin Qdisha has become the first city in the country to achieve 100 per cent vaccination coverage against COVID-19?
13. What is the rank of the Odisha State Pollution Control Board of Odisha (OSPCB) in the Transparency Index rating report released by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), New Delhi
List of SPCB
(6) of Transparency
Odisha State Pollution Control Board
Telangana State Pollution Control Board
Tamil Nadu State Pollution Control Board
Madhya Pradesh Poillution Control Board
14. Who amongst the following will be awarded the Odisha’s Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja Samman for the year 2020
b) Geeta Mahalik
c) Kumkum Mohanty
d) Amarendra Mohanty
15. Which crop festival is celebrated by the people of Western Odisha and Southern Chhattisgarh, to welcome the new rice of the season?
d) Magha Saptmi
16.The Odisha government has approved the diversion of water from Kharasrota river in Kendrapara to neighbouring Bhadrak district through a pipeline. Kharasrota river is a tributary of which of the following rivers?
17. Buxi Jaga bandhu Assured Water Supply to Habitations (Basudha) scheme, a Mega Pipe Water Scheme was launched by the Odisha government. It will source the water from which river?
a) Rushikulya river
b) Tel river
c) Sankh river
d) Indravati River
18. ‘Shree Setu’, the first ever trumpet bridge of Odisha will be built in which city?
19. Who among the following odia writers will receive Kendra Sahitya Akademi award -2020 for her book ‘Samudrakula Ghara’?
a) Sarojini Sahoo
b) Dr Pratibha Ray
d) Sushmita Bagchi
20. Union Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated and dedicated the mega model Skill Development Institute (SDI) in which city of Odisha?
21. In which district of Odisha Tata Steel BSL Ltd has set up the world’s first ultravTolet oxidation plant to treat cyanide in coke oven wastewater
22. Birsa Munda International Hockey Stadium, which will be the largest hockey stadium in India, is being built in which city of Odisha?
23 Which Odia writer will get the 42nd Sarala Puraskar for her novel ‘Abhiipreta Kala’?
a) Sarojini Sahoo
b) Susmita Bagchi
c)Ramadevi Chaudhary Paramita Satpathy
24. Which of the following has won the bid to acquire 93.71 per cent equity stake in Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (‘NINĽ’) for 12,100 crore
d) Hindalco Industries
25.) Chief Justice of India (CJ1) N.V Ramana, dedicated to the people ‘Aain Seva Bhavan’ of the Odisha State Legal Services Authority. It is located in which district?
25.khadi and village industries commission has set up odisha first ever
tussar silk yarn production centre at choudwar .It is located in which districts ?
25) CM of Odisha Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the expansion project of Utkal Alumina Refinery at Kashipur? It is located in which district?
26. Who won the Men’s Singles SL3 eveent badminton gold medal at the Tokyo Paralympics from India?
a) Suhas Yathiraj
b) Krishna Nagar
d) Manoj Sarkar
27. CM of Odisha Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the State Institute For Empowerment Of Persons With Disabilities (SIEP) at Pokhariput. It is located in which district?
28. Which state/UT won the 40th Junior NationalKho Kho Championship 2021, Odisha in both men’s and women’s category?
b) West Bengal
Please Log in Before Quiz (Log in Link is in Top Menu)