| Today Current Affairs | 10th February 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1.Which of the following country’s scientists have developed new technology platform to detect SARS-CoV-2 virus?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ଦେଶର କେଉଁ ବ scientists ଜ୍ଞାନିକମାନେ SARS-CoV-2 ଜୀବାଣୁ ଚିହ୍ନଟ କରିବା ପାଇଁ ନୂତନ ଟେକ୍ନୋଲୋଜି ପ୍ଲାଟଫର୍ମ ପ୍ରସ୍ତୁତ କରିଛନ୍ତି?
- ‘ China’
- ‘ Russia’
- ‘ Germany’
The correct answer is India.
- A team of scientists from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), India has developed a new technology, platform for detection of SARSCoV-2 viruses.
- This technology platform can also be used to detect other influenza, HCV, Zika, Ebola, bacteria, and other mutating/evolving pathogens.
- This work has been published recently in the journal ‘ACS Sensors’.
- The drug regulator DCGI (Drugs Controller General of India) has granted emergency use permission to the Single-dose Sputnik Light COVID-19 vaccine in India.
- This is the 9th COVID19 vaccine in India.
- Himachal Pradesh has become the first state to fully vaccinate 100 percent of its adult population.
- Himachal Pradesh was also the first state to achieve the 100 percent first dose.
- Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya (As of Feb 2022) released a commemorative postal stamp on the COVID-19 vaccine to mark the first anniversary of India’s National Covid-19 vaccination program, on 16 Jan 2022.
- On November 29th, 2021, World Health Organisation (WHO) has classified the new COVID-19 variant B.1.1.529 as Omicron.
- New COVID-19 variant B.1.1.529 was first reported to WHO from South Africa on 24 November 2021.
- WHO Established: 7 April 1948;
- WHO Director General: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (As of Feb 2022).
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan was appointed as the Covid-vaccine ambassador of Maharashtra in November 2021.
- In November 2021, Britain has approved the world’s first pill to treat cases of symptomatic COVID-19.
2.Which of the following ministries organised a 2-Day Global Summit on ‘Reimagining Museums in India’ in February 2022?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ମନ୍ତ୍ରଣାଳୟଗୁଡ଼ିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ‘ଭାରତର ସଂଗ୍ରହାଳୟର ପୁନ im ଚିତ୍ରଣ’ ଉପରେ 2 ଦିନିଆ ଗ୍ଲୋବାଲ୍ ସମ୍ମିଳନୀର ଆୟୋଜନ କରିଥିଲା?
- ‘Ministry of Culture’
- ‘ Ministry of Textiles’
- ‘ Ministry of Commerce and Industry’
- ‘Ministry of Education’
The correct answer is the Ministry of Culture.
- Ministry of Culture, Government of India will organize a first of its kind, 2-Day Global Summit on ‘Reimagining Museums in India’, on 15-16 February 2022.
- The Global Summit will bring together leading luminaries, domain experts, and ractitioners in the field of museum development.
- Over 25 museologists and museum professionals will delve into reimagined priorities and practices for Museums.
- The Present Union Culture of Minister is Mr. G Kishan Reddy(As of Feb 2022).
- The Ministry of Textiles has partnered with 13 state government agencies, 92 textile industry, 10 industry associations/ councils, and 4 sectoral organizations of the Ministry of Textiles.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has released a draft National Air Sports Policy (NASP) for public feedback on 03 Jan, 22.
- The policy seeks to leverage India’s potential for air sports and places a strong focus on ensuring international best practices in safety.
- Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia(As of Feb 2022) is the Minister of Civil Aviation of the Government of India.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan(As of Feb 2022) launched NEAT 3.0, a single platform to provide the best-developed ed-tech solutions and courses to students of the country.
- The minister also launched AICTE prescribed technical books in regional languages.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will host the first India-Central Asia Summit in a virtual format on 27 January 2022.
- This will be the first engagement of its kind between India and the Central Asian countries at the level of leaders.
3. Which of the following Union Territory has become the first Union Territory to be onboarded the National Single Window System (NSWS) in February 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ନିମ୍ନୋକ୍ତ ୟୁନିଅନ୍ ଟେରିଟୋରୀ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ପ୍ରଥମ ୟୁନିଅନ୍ ଟେରିଟୋରୀ ହୋଇପାରିଛି ଯାହା ଜାତୀୟ ଏକକ ୱିଣ୍ଡୋ ସିଷ୍ଟମ୍ (NSWS) ରେ ଅଛି?
- ‘Jammu & Kashmir’
- ‘ Puducherry’
- ‘ Ladakh’
The correct answer is Jammu & Kashmir.
- Jammu & Kashmir has become the first Union Territory to be onboarded the National Single Window System (NSWS).
- This marks a major leap in Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) in J&K.
- Lieutenant Governor Shri Manoj Sinha(As of Feb 2022) launched the J&K Single Window Clearance System integrated with NSWS on Feb 08, 2022.
- NSWS is linked with the India Industrial Land Bank (IILB) which hosts 45 industrial parks of J&K.
- Jammu Smart City Ltd (JSCL) has signed a pact for the development of the Apsara road ‘High Street’ Gole market area along with the adjoining roads.
- The Rs 50-crore development project is under the Smart City programme of
the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- Union Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar and Lt Governor, Manoj Sinha(As of Feb 2022) have virtually inaugurated Apple Festival, organized for the first time in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir.
- Jammu and Kashmir Police have bagged 115 Police Medals for Gallantry (PMG), out of a total of 189 awarded in 2022.
- The Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir has declared Jerri settlement in Reasi district as the first ‘Milk Village’ of the Union Territory.
- Baldev Prakash(As of Feb 2022) has been appointed as the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO) of Jammu & Kashmir Bank for three years.
- Every year, October 27 is celebrated as Infantry Day by the Indian Army in Jammu & Kashmir (known by the nickname, Chinar Corps).
4.Who among the followings has been appointed as Chairman Staff Selection Commission(SSC) on 08 February 2022?
‘08 ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କିଏ ଚେୟାରମ୍ୟାନ୍ ଷ୍ଟାଫ୍ ସିଲେକସନ କମିଶନ (ଏସ୍.ସି.ସି) ଭାବେ ନିଯୁକ୍ତି ପାଇଛନ୍ତି?
- ‘S. Kishore’
- ‘ Anand Pandey’
- ‘ Atul Singh’
- ‘ Kripa Shankar Pandey’
The correct answer is S. Kishore.
- S. Kishore has been appointed as Chairman Staff Selection Commission(SSC) according to a decision by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on 08 Feb 2022.
- He is presently posted as Special Secretary Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- S. Kishore is a 1989 batch IAS officer of the West Bengal cadre.
- InterGlobe Aviation has announced the appointment of its Co-founder Rahul Bhatia (As of Feb 2022) as the company’s Managing Director with immediate effect.
- Professor Dinesh Prasad Saklani (As of Feb 2022) has been appointed as the new Director of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- He has been appointed for a period of five years or till he attains the age of 65 years, whichever is the earliest.
- Universal Acceptance Steering Group has appointed Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma as its ambassador.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed Vinod Rai(As of Feb 2022) as the independent Chairman of the Unity Small Finance Bank (USFB).
- Senior bureaucrat Vikram Dev Dutt has been appointed as the chairman and managing director (CMD) of Air India Ltd.
- Narendra Kumar Goenka(As of Feb 2022) has been appointed as the new chairman of the Apparel Export Promotion Council, AEPC.
- Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Ittira Davis(As of Feb 2022) as managing director & chief executive officer of (MD & CEO) of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank for one tenure
5. The Ministry of Women and Child Development is implementing which of the following missions for rehabilitation of children in difficult circumstances including, orphan and destitute children?
‘ମହିଳା ଏବଂ ଶିଶୁ ବିକାଶ ମନ୍ତ୍ରଣାଳୟ କଠିନ ପରିସ୍ଥିତିରେ ପିଲାମାନଙ୍କର ପୁନ habil ଥଇଥାନ ପାଇଁ ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ମିଶନଗୁଡିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟିକୁ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟକାରୀ କରୁଛି?
- ‘Mission Samarth’
- ‘ Mission Vatsalya’
- ‘ Mission Rakshak’
- ‘ Mission Yodha’
The correct answer is Mission Vatsalya.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is implementing the Centrally sponsored ‘Child Protection Services (CPS) Scheme – ‘Mission Vatsalya.’
- It is for rehabilitation of children in difficult circumstances including, orphan and destitute children.
- Financial assistance is provided to the State Govts/UT Governments for providing services like institutional care, non-institutional care, support for capacity building, human resources etc.
- Grants are also provided for setting up and maintenance of various types of Child Care Institutions (CCIs) including children homes, observation homes, special homes, place of safety, open shelters etc.
- CCIs provide for age-appropriate education, access to vocational training, recreation, health care, counselling etc.
- The execution of the scheme lies with the respective States/UTs.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is headed by Hon’ble Minister Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, Minister of State Dr. Munjapara Mahendrabhai and Shri Indevar Pandey is the Secretary of the Ministry of Women and Child Development.