| Today Current Affairs | 10th January 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1. Which of the following telescopes completed its two-week-long deployment phase on 8 January 2022?
ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ଟେଲିସ୍କୋପଗୁଡିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି 8 ଜାନୁୟାରୀ 2022 ରେ ଦୁଇ ସପ୍ତାହ ବ୍ୟାପୀ ନିୟୋଜନ ପର୍ଯ୍ୟାୟ ସମାପ୍ତ କଲା?
- James Webb Space Telescope
- Spitzer Space Telescope
- Kepler space Telescope
- Hubble Space Telescope
The correct answer is James Webb Space Telescope.
- The James Webb Space Telescope completed its two-week-long deployment phase on 8 Jan 2022.
- The most powerful space telescope ever built and the successor to Hubble, Webb blasted off on Dec 25, 2021.
- It is heading to its orbital point, a million miles (1.5 million kilometers) from Earth. Its infrared technology allows it to see the first stars and galaxies that formed 13.5 billion years ago.
- Important Points Its infrared technology will allow it to see the first stars and galaxies that formed 13.5 billion years ago, giving astronomers new insight into the earliest epoch of the Universe.
- Earlier, the telescope deployed its five-layered sunshield – a 70-foot (21 meters) long, kite-shaped apparatus that acts like a parasol, ensuring Webb’s instruments are kept in the shade so they can detect faint infrared signals from the far reaches of the Universe.
- The sunshield will be permanently positioned between the telescope and the Sun, Earth, and Moon, with the Sun-facing side built to withstand 230 degrees Fahrenheit (110 degrees Celsius). Its mission also includes the study of distant planets to determine their origin, evolution, and habitability
2. Which of the following has signed an MoU with Century Financial in Dubai for a $100 millioninvestment in the state under which hotels and commercial-cum-residential complexes would be built?
କେଉଁ ହୋଟେଲ ଏବଂ ବାଣିଜ୍ୟିକ-କମ-ଆବାସିକ କମ୍ପ୍ଲେକ୍ସ ନିର୍ମାଣ ହେବ ବୋଲି ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ଦୁବାଇରେ ଶତାବ୍ଦୀ ଫାଇନାନ୍ସିଆଲ୍ ସହିତ ଏକ ଚୁକ୍ତିନାମା ସ୍ୱାକ୍ଷର କରିଛି?
- Jammu and Kashmir
The correct answer is Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Government has signed an MoU with Century Financial in Dubai for a $100 million investment in the state under which hotels and commercialcum-residential complexes would be built.
- The investment will cover 3 hotels and one commercial cum residential complex in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The MoU was signed in a special event presided by the Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha.
- Jammu and Kashmir: Lieutenant Governor – Manoj Sinha.
- Number of Districts – 20.
- Dams – Baglihar Dam (Chenab River), Dulhasti Dam (Chenab River), Uri-II Dam (Jhelum River).
- National Parks – Dachigam National Park, Salim Ali National Park, Kazinag National Park, Kishtwar High Altitude National Park.
3 . Which state stood first in the country in the list of the highest number of open defecation-free (ODF Plus) villages under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase-II program till 31 December 2021?
ସ୍ ଚ୍ଛ ଭାରତ ମିଶନ (ଗ୍ରାମୀଣ) ଦ୍ୱିତୀୟ ପର୍ଯ୍ୟାୟ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟକ୍ରମ ଅଧୀନରେ 31 ଡିସେମ୍ବର 2021 ପର୍ଯ୍ୟନ୍ତ ସର୍ବାଧିକ ରାଜ୍ୟ ଖୋଲା ମଳମୁକ୍ତ (ODF ପ୍ଲସ୍) ଗ୍ରାମ ତାଲିକାରେ କେଉଁ ରାଜ୍ୟ ଦେଶରେ ପ୍ରଥମ ସ୍ଥାନରେ ରହିଲା?
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
The correct answer is Telangana.
- Telangana stood first in the country in the list of the highest number of open defecationfree (ODF Plus) villages under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase-II program till 31 Dec 2021. As many as 13,737 out of 14,200 villages in the state are on the ODF Plus list, which is 96.74%.
- It was followed by Tamil Nadu with 4,432 villages (35.39%) and Karnataka with 1,511 villages (5.59%).
- Gujarat took the 17th position with only 83 villages (0.45%). The State government has enacted a new Telangana Panchayat Raj Act to ensure the holistic development of villages.
- A secretary has been posted in every panchayat for smooth execution of welfare programs, close monitoring, digital reporting and to ensure the prevalence of good governance in villages.
- Multi-purpose workers have been appointed to maintain proper sanitation in villages.
- Number of Districts – 33.
- Lok Sabha seats – 17.
- Rajya Sabha seats – 7.
- State Animal – Chital.
- State Bird – Indian roller.
- National Parks – Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park, Mahavir Harina Vansthali National Park, Mrugavani National Park.
- Registered GI – Pochampalli Ikat, Nirmal Toys and Craft, Gadwal Sarees and Hyderabad Haleem.
4 . In January 2022, India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) has lowered India’s GDP forecast for Financial Year 2022 to how much percent YoY (year on year)?
ଜାନୁୟାରୀ 2022 ରେ, ଇଣ୍ଡିଆ ରେଟିଂ ଏବଂ ରିସର୍ଚ୍ଚ (ଇଣ୍ଡ-ରା) ଆର୍ଥିକ ବର୍ଷ 2022 ପାଇଁ ଭାରତର ଜିଡିପି ପୂର୍ବାନୁମାନକୁ YoY (ବର୍ଷକୁ) କେତେ ପ୍ରତିଶତକୁ ହ୍ରାସ କରିଛି?
The correct answer is 9.3%.
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) has lowered India’s GDP forecast for Financial Year 2022 to 9.3 percent YoY (year on year), 10 base points lower than its earlier estimate of 9.4 percent.
- GDP growth in the fourth quarter of FY22 will now come in at 5.7 percent YoY, which is 40 bp lower than the agency’s earlier estimate of 6.1 percent.
- Ind-Ra is India’s credit rating agency.
- Ind-Ra currently maintains coverage of corporate issuers, financial institutions (including banks and insurance companies), finance and leasing companies, managed funds, urban local bodies, and structured finance and project finance companies.
- It is headquartered in Mumbai.
- It has seven branch offices located in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Pune.
- Ind-Ra is recognized by the Securities and Exchange Board of India, the Reserve Bank of India, and the National Housing Bank.
- Ind-Ra is a 100% owned subsidiary of the Fitch Group.
5 . Who will be appointed as the first woman judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan?
ପାକିସ୍ତାନ ସୁପ୍ରିମକୋର୍ଟର ପ୍ରଥମ ମହିଳା ବିଚାରପତି ଭାବେ କିଏ ନିଯୁକ୍ତ ହେବେ?
- Ayesha Malik
- Farah Ejaz Baig
- Uzma Zahid Bukhari
- Noor Naz Agha
The correct answer is Ayesha Malik.
- Pakistan will appoint the first woman judge of the Supreme Court. Lahore High Court judge Ayesha Malik will be elevated to this position.
- She will work as a Supreme Court judge until June 2031 before retiring at the age of 65.
- Justice Malik became a high court judge in March 2012, and currently, she is number four on the Lahore High Court (LHC) judge seniority list.
- Pakistan: Capital – Islamabad.
- Currency – Pakistani rupee.
- National Sport – Field hockey