| Today Current Affairs | 11th January 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1. Who has been appointed as the Vice President of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
(AIIB) in January 2022?
who ଏସୀୟ ଭିତ୍ତିଭୂମି ବିନିଯୋଗ ବ୍ୟାଙ୍କର ଉପାଧ୍ୟକ୍ଷ ଭାବରେ ନିଯୁକ୍ତ ହୋଇଛନ୍ତି
(AIIB) ଜାନୁଆରୀ 2022 ରେ?
- Amitabh Kant
- K. Subramanian
- Surabhi Singh
- Urjit Patel
The correct answer is Urjit Patel.
- Former RBI Governor Urjit Patel has been appointed as a Vice President of the Beijing-based multilateral funding institution AIIB.
- India is a founding member of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) with the second-highest voting share after China.
- Patel will be one of the 5 Vice Presidents of the AIIB with a three-year tenure.
- He will succeed outgoing Vice President D.J. Pandian.
- Nirmala Sitharaman has participated in the 6th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in October 2021.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is a multilateral development bank that aims to improve economic and social outcomes in Asia.
- The bank currently has 104 members, including 17 prospective members from around the world.
- President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank: Jin Liqun. Headquarters of AIIB: Beijing, China. AIIB established: 16 January 2016.
2. Who has become India’s 73rd chess Grandmaster on 9 January 2022?
9 ଜାନୁଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଭାରତର 73 ତମ ଚେସ୍ ଗ୍ରାଣ୍ଡମାଷ୍ଟର କିଏ ହୋଇଛନ୍ତି?
- P Iniyan
- D Gukesh
- SP Sethuraman
- Bharath Subramaniyam
The correct answer is Bharath Subramaniyam.
- Bharath Subramaniyam on 9 January 2022 became India’s 73rd Chess Grandmaster, securing the third and final GM norm at an event in Italy.
- He scored 6.5 points from nine rounds along with four others to finish seventh overall in the event held at Cattolica.
- To become a GM, a player has to secure three GM norms and cross the live rating of 2,500 Elo points.
- World chess champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway defended his title and won the FIDE World Championship in Dubai in December 2021.
- Indian Grandmaster (GM) P Iniyan has won the 5th Rujna Zora chess tournament held at Serbia in November 2021.
- World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen has won the inaugural Meltwater Champions Chess Tour in October 2021.
- The financial services company, Mastercard Inc. has named Magnus Carlsen, the highest-rated chess player of all time, as its global brand ambassador in September 2021
3. Which of the following country’s lunar probe mission has find the evidence of water on moon in January 2022?
ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ଦେଶର ଚନ୍ଦ୍ର ଅନୁସନ୍ଧାନ ମିଶନ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ଚନ୍ଦ୍ରରେ ଜଳର ପ୍ରମାଣ ପାଇଛି |
The correct answer is China.
- China’s Chang’e 5 lunar lander has found the first-ever on-site evidence of water on the surface of the moon.
- The study was published in the journal Science Advances.
- It revealed that the lunar soil at the landing site contains less than 120 parts-per-million (ppm) water or 120 grams water per ton, and a light, vesicular rock carries 180 ppm, which are much drier than that on Earth.
- Important current affairs related to China in 2021: China, in Shanghai, has opened the world’s longest metro line of a total 831 kilometres in length in January 2022.
- Pradeep Kumar Rawat was appointed as India’s new envoy to China in December 2021.
- China has launched a new group of satellites Shijian-6 05 for space exploration and new technology tests.
- China Capital: Beijing;
- China Currency: Renminbi;
- China President: Xi Jinping.
- On November 26th, 2021, Former Army Officer Maroof Raza has authored a new book titled “Contested Lands: India, China, and the Boundary Dispute”.
- China has launched the world’s first Earth-science satellite, Guangmu or SDGSAT-1 into space on November 9th, 2021.
- On October 25th, 2021, China has launched a new satellite named Shijian-21. The satellite will be used to test and verify space debris mitigation technologies
4. To promote the language at the global stage, which day is celebrated as World Hindi Day every
ବିଶ୍ ସ୍ତରରେ ଭାଷାକୁ ପ୍ରୋତ୍ସାହିତ କରିବା ପାଇଁ, ଯେଉଁ ଦିନ ପ୍ରତ୍ୟେକ ଦିନ ବିଶ୍ୱ ହିନ୍ଦୀ ଦିବସ ଭାବରେ ପାଳନ କରାଯାଏ |
- 10 January
- 04 January
- 06 January
- 08 January
The correct answer is 10 January.
- Every year on January 10, World Hindi Day or the Vishwa Hindi Diwas is observed worldwide.
- The word Hindi originated from the Persian word Hind, meaning the land of the Indus river.
- On this day in 1975, the first World Hindi Conference took place in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- In 2006, then PM Dr.Manmohan Singh declared January 10 as World Hindi Day. National Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 14 Sep.
- List of Important Days in January: Dates Events
- 01 January — World Peace Day
- 04 January —World Braille Day
- 06 January— World War Orphans Day
- 08 January — African National Congress Foundation Day
- 09 January — Pravasi Bharatiya Divas NRI Day
- 10 January — World Hindi Day
5. Which of the following won the Best Film (Drama) at the Golden Globes 2022 award ceremony
that took place in January 2022?
ବଗୋଲଡେନ୍ ଗ୍ଲୋବସ୍ 2022 ପୁରସ୍କାର ବିତରଣ ଉତ୍ସବରେ ନିମ୍ନ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ଶ୍ରେଷ୍ଠ ଚଳଚ୍ଚିତ୍ର (ଡ୍ରାମା) ଜିତିଲା |
ଜାନୁୟାରୀ 2022 ରେ ଘଟିଥିଲା କି?
- The Piano
- Bright Stare
- Power Of The Dog
- A River Runs Through It
The correct answer is Power Of The Dog.
- The 79th edition of the Golden Globes award ceremony took place on 9 January 2022.
- The Power Of The Dog won Best Film (Drama).
- Jane Campion won the Best Director for ‘The Power Of The Dog’. Will Smith won the Best Film Actor (Drama) for ‘King Richard’.
- This is the first time that Will Smith has won a Golden Globe after being nominated for the accolade six times in his career.
- Nicole Kidman won her 5th Golden Globe for Best Film Actress (Drama) for ‘Being The Ricardos’.
- Best Foreign Language Film was won by Drive My Car (Japan).
- South Korean actor O Yeong-su won the country’s first Golden Globe award on 9 Jan 2022 for his role in Netflix series “Squid Game”.
- He won best supporting actor in television for his portrayal of Oh II-nam, also known as The Host or Player 001, becoming the first South Korean ever to snatch a Golden Globe.
- He is regarded as one of the greatest stage actors in South Korea.
- Best Film (Musical/Comedy) — West Side Story
- Best Actress (Musical/Comedy)— Rachel Zegler (West Side Story)
- Best Actor(Musical/Comedy) —Andrew Garfield (tick, tick…BOOM!)
- Best Supporting Actress– Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)
- Best Supporting Actor –Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Power Of The Dog)
- Best Screenplay —Kenneth Branagh (Belfast)
- Best Original Score– Hans Zimmer
- Best Original Song –No Time To Die from No Time To Die by Billie Eilish, Finneas O’Connell