| Today Current Affairs | 12th February 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1.Which of the following confirmed successful deployment of 34 satellites by Arianespace from the Guiana Space Centre in Kourou, French Guiana in February 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ କୋରୋ, ଗୁଆନା ସ୍ପେସ୍ ସେଣ୍ଟରରୁ ଆରିୟାନସ୍ପେସ୍ ଦ୍ 34 ାରା 34 ଉପଗ୍ରହର ସଫଳ ନିୟୋଜନ ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ନିଶ୍ଚିତ ହୋଇଛି?
- ‘ Roscosmos’
- ‘ OneWeb’
- ‘ SpaceX’
The correct answer is OneWeb.
- Bharti Airtel-backed OneWeb confirmed successful deployment of 34 satellites by Arianespace from the Guiana Space Centre in Kourou, French Guiana, on 10 February 2022.
- This is the company’s first launch in 2022.
- The company has had 13 successful launches bringing OneWeb’s total in-orbit constellation to 428 satellites.
- This represents 66% of OneWeb’s planned 648 LEO satellite fleet.
- OneWeb has now launched two thirds of the LEO satellite fleet that is geared to deliver high-speed, low-latency global connectivity.
- The demand for OneWeb’s broadband connectivity services has continued to grow across telecommunications providers, aviation and maritime markets, ISPs (internet service providers), and governments globally.
- In January 2022, the company has signed new distribution partnership pacts with several companies, including Hughes Network Systems, Marlink, and Field Solutions Holdings, to help ensure connectivity is delivered to the most hard-to-reach places globally.
2.In February 2022, Tata Sons Ltd board has approved the re-appointment of whom as its Executive Chairman for another five years?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ, ଟାଟା ସନ୍ସ ଲିମିଟେଡ୍ ବୋର୍ଡ ଏହାର କାର୍ଯ୍ୟନିର୍ବାହୀ ଚେୟାରମ୍ୟାନ୍ ଭାବରେ ଆଉ ପାଞ୍ଚ ବର୍ଷ ପାଇଁ ପୁନ-ନିଯୁକ୍ତିକୁ ଅନୁମୋଦନ କରିଛି କି?
- ‘Rajesh Gopinathan’
- ‘ Subramaniam Ramadorai’
- ‘N Chandrasekaran’
- ‘KR Sridhar’
The correct answer is N Chandrasekaran.
- Tata Sons Ltd board has approved the re-appointment of its Executive Chairman N Chandrasekaran for another five years.
- He joined the board of Tata Sons in 2016 and took over as Chairman in 2017.
- He also chairs the Boards of several group operating companies, including Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Tata Power, and TCS of which he was Chief Executive Officer from 2009-17.
- The Ministry of Education (MoE) on 7 February 2022 appointed professor
Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit as the first woman Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi.
- The centre has given the charge of the Controller General of Accounts (CGA),
- Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance to Sonali Singh, after the
superannuation of Dipak Dash.
- JNU Vice Chancellor M Jagadesh Kumar has been appointed as Chairman of University Grants Commission (UGC) in February 2022.
- Essar Capital Ltd, the investment manager of Essar Global Fund Ltd, has
appointed Anil Kumar Chaudhary as the CEO for its metals & mining business.
- Atul Dinkar Rane has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of the BrahMos Aerospace Limited that manufactures the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.
3. Which country topped the EIU’s Democracy Index that was released on 10 February 2022?
‘10 ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ପ୍ରକାଶିତ EIU ର ଗଣତନ୍ତ୍ର ସୂଚକାଙ୍କରେ କେଉଁ ଦେଶ ଶୀର୍ଷରେ ଅଛି?
- ‘ Germany’
- ‘ Norway’
The correct answer is Norway.
- The 2021 edition of the EIU’s Democracy Index was released on 10 February 2022.
- Since the year 2006, the Economist Intelligence has been bringing forth the state of democracy worldwide in around 165 independent nations and two territories through its democracy index.
- It was topped by Norway.
- India was ranked 46th out of 165 nations.
- The annual index, which provides a measurement of the state of global democracy, reveals an overall score of 5.28, down from 5.37 in 2020.
- According to EIU’s measure of democracy, less than half (45.7%) of the world’s population now live in a democracy of some sort, which is a significant decline from 2020 (49.4%).
- Even fewer (6.4%) reside in a “full democracy”; this level is slightly down from 8.4% in 2020, after two countries (Chile and Spain) were downgraded to “flawed democracies”.
- Substantially more than a third of the world’s population (37.1%) live under authoritarian rule, a large share of which are in China.
4.PM Narendra Modi addressed the high-level segment of One Ocean Summit in February 2022. In which country was the summit organised?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ପ୍ରଧାନମନ୍ତ୍ରୀ ନରେନ୍ଦ୍ର ମୋଦୀ ଏକ ମହାସାଗର ସମ୍ମିଳନୀର ଉଚ୍ଚ ସ୍ତରୀୟ ବିଭାଗକୁ ସମ୍ବୋଧିତ କରିଥିଲେ। କେଉଁ ଦେଶରେ ଏହି ସମ୍ମିଳନୀ ଆୟୋଜିତ ହୋଇଥିଲା?
- ‘ Germany’
- ‘ Poland’
- ‘ Italy’
The correct answer is France.
- PM Narendra Modi addressed the high-level segment of One Ocean Summit through a video message on 11 February 2022.
- The summit was organised by France from 9-11 February in Brest, in cooperation with the United Nations and the World Bank.
- Its objective was to mobilise the international community to take tangible action towards preserving and supporting healthy and sustainable ocean ecosystems.
- The objective of the Summit is to mobilise the international community to take tangible action towards preserving and supporting healthy and sustainable ocean ecosystems.
- The Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO is working closely with the Government of France to coordinate the scientific programme for the Summit.
- On 9 and 10 February, more than thirty events (workshops, forums, roundtables and other initiatives) will be held ahead of a high-level segment, to engage the international maritime community.
- UNESCO is organising two thematic workshops on 10 February: “The Science we Need for the Ocean we Want” and “Educate to the Sea, Ocean for Youth” to advance ocean science knowledge and support the conservation and sustainable management of the ocean.
- Several important initiatives will be launched on this occasion in favour of marine ecosystem protection and sustainable fisheries, intended to fight pollution, in particular from plastics.
5. Which day is celebrated as International Day of Women and Girls in Science to recognise the role of women and girls in science?
‘ବିଜ୍ଞାନରେ ମହିଳା ଏବଂ ବାଳିକାମାନଙ୍କର ଭୂମିକାକୁ ଚିହ୍ନିବା ପାଇଁ କେଉଁ ଦିନ ବିଜ୍ଞାନରେ ମହିଳା ଏବଂ ବାଳିକା ଆନ୍ତର୍ଜାତୀୟ ଦିବସ ଭାବରେ ପାଳନ କରାଯାଏ?
- ’11 February’
- ‘ 10 February’
- ’08 February’
- ‘ 05 February’
The correct answer is 11 February.
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science is observed on 11 February to recognise the role of women and girls in science, not only as beneficiaries but also as agents of change.
- It was started by the resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on 22 December 2015.
- The theme for International Day of Women and Girls in Science is ‘Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Water Unites Us’.
- List of Important Days in February 2022:
01 February Indian Coast Guard Day
02 February World Wetlands Day
02 February Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day
04 February World Cancer Day, National Day of Sri Lanka
08 February Safer Internet Day
05 February Kala Ghoda Festival
10 February World Pulses Day