Today Current Affairs 21 November 2022 -www.orsp.co.in
Today Current Affairs 21 November 2022 – If you are looking for your daily dose of current affairs, we bring you today current affairs 21th November. Whether you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you daily updates about the economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Banking, etc.
Today Current Affairs 21 November 2022 -www.orsp.co.in
1) Cambridge Dictionary has declared which word as the “Word of the Year 2022”?
- Climate strike
• Cambridge Dictionary has declared the word, “Homer” as the Word of the Year 2022.
• ‘Homer’ refers to a home run in the popular American sport Baseball.
• The word ”homer” was searched for nearly 75,000 times during the first week of May 2022 owing to it being an
answer in Wordle.
• Cambridge Dictionary also saw other five-letter words surging in search in 2022 due to the “Wordle effect”. The
American spelling of “humor” caused the second-highest spike in 2022, followed by “caulk”, “tacit”, and “bayou”,
the third, fourth, and fifth place respectively.
2) Uttarakhand High Court will be shifted from Nainital to –
• The Uttarakhand High Court will be shifted from Nainital to Haldwani.
• This decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami
in Dehradun on 16th Nov 2022.
• The Centre has handed over a 45-acre area near Haldwani for the high court. On October 27, the Central government
handed over 45 acres of HMT land in Ranibag, near Haldwani, to the state government for its possible use to benefit the people of the area.
3) Who has been appointed as new Chairman of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)?
- Charan Singh
- Vijay Srirangam
- Arun Kumar Singh
- Kishor Basa
• BPCL’s former chairman Arun Kumar Singh has been appointed as new Chairman of Oil and Natural Gas
• He will succeed Alka Mittal.
• Arun Kumar Singh has retired from BPCL after attaining the superannuation age in October 2022 and was already
selected to head the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB).
• This will be the first time that a person aged over 60 will be heading a top PSU board-level position.
• ONGC is the India’s top oil and gas producer company.
4) Who has been elected as Chairperson of Athletes Commission of Indian Olympic Association (IOA)?
- PV Sindhu
- Mary Kom
- Mirabai Chanu
- Achanta Sharath Kamal
• Olympic Medalist Mary Kom was unanimously elected as the Chairperson of the Athletes Commission of the Indian
Olympic Association (IOA).
• While the Table Tennis legend Achanta Sharath Kamal was elected as the Vice-Chairperson of the body.
• 10 members of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) was announced by Returning Officer (RO) Umesh Sinha on
November 14, 2022. The list included Mary Kom, PV Sindhu, Gagan Narang, Achanta Sharath Kamal, Bajrang
Lal, Mirabai Chanu, Rani Rampal, Shiva Keshavan, Bhavani Debi, and Om Prakash Karhana.
5) Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust)?
A •Vetsa Gupta
B. Suraj Bhan
C. Ravi Varma
D. Kundapur Vaman
• Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA) has appointed Suraj Bhan as the chairman of the
National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) with effect from November 12, 2022. • He has been a Trustee on the Board of NPS Trust since 2018.
• He joined the Indian Economic Service in 1983 and retiredas Director General of Labour Bureau, Chandigarh, in
6) Who has become the youngest person to be ranked No.1 on the ATP (Association of Tennis
A. Carlos Alcaraz
B. Tommy Haas
C. Lleytoon Hewitt
D. Jordan Thompson
• Carlos Alcaraz of Spain has become the youngest person to be ranked No.1 on the ATP (Association of Tennis
Professional) ranking since the ATP started the ranking system in 1973.
• He will be 19 years, 214 days on December 5, the 2022 year-end ranking date.
• He has broken the record held by Lleyton Hewitt ofAustralia who was 20 years, 275 days of age in 2001.
• Carlos Alcaraz started the 2022 year as the 32nd ranked player on ATP ranking.
• This year he became the second youngest male player to win the US open Grand Slam title after Pete Sampras.
7) Which state government has launched a new portal, ‘Amar Sarkar’?
• Tripura chief minister, Manik Saha has launched a new portal, ‘Amar Sarkar’ in Agartala on 17th November 2022.
Aim: To provide bridge between the people and the government.
• The portal will help people to register their problems and complaints through village committee officials.
• A total of 78 departments, including the panchayat department, has been included in the webportal.
• Earlier in September, the state government had launched the ‘Har Ghar Sushasan’ initiative to mark the birthday of
Prime Minister Narendra Modi
8) Which state government has decided to double the Pension of Freedom Fighters?
C. Madhya Pradesh
The Maharashtra Government has decided to double the Pension of all freedom fighters in the state.
• The decision to double the pension — from Rs 10,000 given from 2014 to Rs 20,000 per month now.
• This will benefit around 6,229 surviving patriots across Maharashtra who had taken part in India’s freedom
struggle (1947), the Marathwada Liberation struggle (1948) and the Goa Liberation movement (1961).
• The state government is likely to incur an additional expense of 74.75 crore rupees due to this decision.
9) Which Indian has received “Guard of Honour” at the Les Invalides in Paris?
A. R. Hari Kumar
B. Rakesh Bhadauria
C. Manoj Pande
D. Vivek Chaudhari
• Army Chief General Manoj Pande has received a “Guard of Honour” at the Les Invalides in Paris on 17 November
2022. He is on a four-day visit to France from 14 to 17 November.
• General Manoj Pande during his visit held talks with his French counterpart General Pierre Schille and discussed
issues of mutual interest during his visit to the European country.
10) Bandaru Wilsonbabu has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to –
• IFS officer Bandaru Wilsonbabu has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Union of the Comoros.
• Wilsonbabu is presently working as the Indian ambassador to Madagascar.
• The Comoros is an independent country made up of 3 islands in southeastern Africa.
• Vice President Venkaiah Naidu visited Comoros in October 2019. It was the first state visit by an Indian political
dignitary to the Union.
• Comoros is a founding member of the International Solar Alliance and part of the Indian Ocean Rim Association
12) A new book titled “The Light We Carry” has been authored by -11) Which INS has participated in the ‘Sea Sword 2’ counter-terrorism drill?
A. INS Trikand
B. INS Sindhuraj
C. INS Karanj
D. INS Shivalik
• INS Trikand has participated in the Combined Maritime Forces led Operation “Sea Sword 2” in the Northwest
• The Operation “Sea Sword 2” was held from November 614, 2022.
• The operation was held to prevent narcotics trade & stop smuggling entities from using the seas for their nefarious
• Earlier, the 26th edition of the multinational maritime exercise “MALABAR 22” culminated in Japan on
12) A new book titled “The Light We Carry” has been authored by –
A. Michelle Obama
B. Jill Biden
C. Hillary Clinton
D. Laura Bus
• Michelle Obama has released her new book titled, ‘The Light We Carry’ in November 2022.
• This book is a collection of practices and perspectives to deal with challenging times.
• The book will be published simultaneously in 14 languages and 27 countries around the world.
• Her memoir, “Becoming” was one of the best-selling books of all time, that was released in 2018.
• She served as first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
13.Which Indian PSU has won the Gold award in the 47th International Convention on Quality
Control Circle (ICQCC-2022)?
• NTPC’s Quality Control Team from Unchahar ABHYUDAYA has won the Gold award in the 47th International
Convention on Quality Control Circle (ICQCC-2022).
• The convention is being held from 15th-18th November in Jakarta.
• The theme for ICQCC-2022 was “Built Back Better through Quality Efforts”.
• In March 2022, NTPC had been declared the “Dream Employer of the Year” at the 30th Session of the World
14.PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated ‘Doni Polo Airport’ in which state?
C. Arunachal Pradesh
• On 19th November 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the first Greenfield airport at Itanagar in
• Named of the airport “Donyi Polo Airport”, has been developed over an area of 690 acres of land at a cost of
more than Rs 640 crore.
• This is also the first greenfield project in northeast India.
• This will be the third operational airport in Arunachal Pradesh. Earlier, two other towns of Arunachal Pradesh —
• Pasighat and Tezu — were linked under the UDAN scheme.
• Northeast India will now have 16 airports.
15) Which country has exempted Indian citizens from submitting police clearance certificates for
obtaining a Visa?
A. Saudi Arabia
• Saudi Arabia has announced an exemption of Indian Nationals from submitting the Police Clearance Certificate
to obtain a Visa for traveling to the country.
• The decision has been taken as a part of the efforts of the two countries to further strengthen their relations.
• India-Saudi Arabia relations have strengthened considerably over the past few years.
CHECK YOUR RESULT