| Today Current Affairs | 21th January 2022 |
| Today Current Affairs | 19th January 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1. Which among the following state government has decided to increase the upper age limit for government job aspirants by five years in January 2022?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ରାଜ୍ୟ ସରକାରଙ୍କ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ଜାନୁଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ସରକାରୀ ଚାକିରି ଆଶାକର୍ମୀଙ୍କ ପାଇଁ ବୟସ ସୀମା ବୃଦ୍ଧି କରିବାକୁ ନିଷ୍ପତ୍ତି ନେଇଛି?
- West Bengal
The correct answer is Meghalaya.
- The Meghalaya government has decided to increase the upper age limit for
government job aspirants by five years.
- Currently, the upper age limit is 27 years for candidates in the general category and 32 years for applicants belonging to Scheduled Tribes.
- Candidates in the general category can now apply for government jobs until the age of 32 years, while Scheduled Tribes candidates till 37 yrs.
- Shillong Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 was inaugurated by Chief Minister of
Meghalaya, Conrad K Sangma, and Ambassador of Japan to India, Satoshi Suzuki in November 2021.
- Meghalaya state observed the 44th edition of ‘Wangala’, the festival of 100 Drums Festival in November 2021.
- It is a post-harvest festival of the Garos tribe which is being held every year to honour ‘Saljong’, the Sun God of Garos, which also marks the end of the harvest season.
- Some Popular Festivals of Meghalaya:
- Nongkrem Dance Festival
- Wangala Festival
- Behdeinkhlam Festival
- Shad Sukra
- The Meghalaya Cabinet has approved the proposal of the creation of a new district called Eastern West Khasi Hills district.
2. Which of the following stock exchange has emerged as the world’s largest derivatives exchange in 2021 by the number of contracts traded?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ଷ୍ଟକ ଏକ୍ସଚେଞ୍ଜ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ 2021 ମସିହାରେ ବାଣିଜ୍ୟ ହୋଇଥିବା ଚୁକ୍ତିନାମା ଅନୁଯାୟୀ ବିଶ୍ largest ର ସର୍ବ ବୃହତ ଡେରିଭେଟିଭ୍ ଏକ୍ସଚେଞ୍ଜ ଭାବରେ ଉଭା ହୋଇଛି?
- Shanghai Stock Exchange
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- London Stock Exchange
- National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)
The correct answer is National Stock Exchange of India (NSE).
- National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) has emerged as the world’s largest
derivatives exchange in 2021 by the number of contracts traded.
- NSE is ranked fourth in the world in cash equities by the number of trades as per the statistics maintained by the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) for 2021.
- The year 2021 witnessed the total registered investor base on NSE surpassing the 5- crore mark.
- The National Stock Exchange of India Limited is the leading stock exchange of India.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1992
- Chairperson: Girish Chandra Chaturvedi (As of Jan 2022).
- MD & CEO: Vikram Limaye (As of Jan 2022).
- The Shanghai Stock Exchange is a stock exchange based in the city of Shanghai, China.
- It was founded on 26 November 1990
3. In January 2022, which of the following announced the evolution of its flagship startup accelerator programme ‘Leap’?
‘ଜାନୁୟାରୀ 2022 ରେ, ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ଏହାର ଫ୍ଲାଗସିପ୍ ଷ୍ଟାର୍ଟଅପ୍ ତ୍ୱରାନ୍ୱିତକାରୀ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟକ୍ରମ ‘ଲ୍ୟାପ୍’ର ବିବର୍ତ୍ତନ ଘୋଷଣା କଲା?
The correct answer is Flipkart.
- Flipkart announced the evolution of its flagship startup accelerator programme, Flipkart Leap.
- Flipkart Leap will now evolve into two new programmes – Flipkart Leap Ahead (FLA) and Flipkart Leap Innovation Network (FLIN).
- FLA and FLIN will support the startups through insights, mentorship and funding as needed while helping them scale and build innovations.
- With the introduction of these programs, the startup ecosystem will be able to access end-to-end partnerships with Flipkart across their growth stages.
- The Flipkart Leap program graduated its first cohort in July 2021 with eight startups.
- Flipkart Leap Ahead will invest in seed-stage startups at the cutting edge of the latest technology across varied sectors.
- The selected startups will be able to participate in a mentorship program encompassing benefits such as 1:1 connects with experienced Flipkart leaders, customized curriculum and workshops run by Flipkart experts, prominent investors, and industry specialists .
4. In January 2022, an asteroid known as asteroid (7482) 1994 PC1, safely passed by the Earth from a distance of how many million km?
‘ଜାନୁୟାରୀ 2022 ରେ, ଆଷ୍ଟେରଏଡ୍ (7482) 1994 PC1 ଭାବରେ ଜଣାଶୁଣା ଏକ ଆଷ୍ଟେରଏଡ୍, କେତେ ନିୟୁତ କିଲୋମିଟର ଦୂରରୁ ସୁରକ୍ଷିତ ଭାବରେ ପୃଥିବୀ ଦେଇ ଗଲା?
The correct answer is 1.9 million km.
- An asteroid larger than Burj Khalifa safely passed by Earth on 18 January 2022.
- Known as asteroid (7482) 1994 PC1, the space rock measures 1.05 km across, while the world’s tallest building in Dubai stands at 0.83km.
- It flew past the planet from a distance of 1.9 million km, which is five times the distance between the Earth and the Moon.
- It flew over the UAE at a speed of about 76,192kph. The space rock will not come this close to Earth for the next 200 years. Scottish-Australian astronomer Robert McNaught discovered this asteroid in 1994.
- Asteroids are rocky leftovers from the formation of the early system.
- More than 1.1 million have been found but many remain undiscovered.
- To test Earth’s defences against any threats from space rocks, Nasa launched a spacecraft in 2021 that would intentionally crash into an asteroid to see if it could be deflected off course.
- The Double Asteroid Redirection Test (Dart) mission will involve Didymos and Dimorphos, a binary asteroid system about 11 million km from Earth.
5. The Chairman of which of the following organisations has launched Saathi a mobile app on investor education?
‘ନିମ୍ନୋକ୍ତ ସଂସ୍ଥାଗୁଡ଼ିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁର ଅଧ୍ୟକ୍ଷ ନିବେଶକ ଶିକ୍ଷା ଉପରେ ସାଥିଙ୍କୁ ଏକ ମୋବାଇଲ୍ ଆପ୍ ଲଞ୍ଚ କରିଛନ୍ତି?
The correct answer is SEBI.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Chairman Ajay Tyagi has launched Saathi – a mobile app on investor education.
- The app will look to create awareness among the investors about the basic concepts of the securities market, KYC process, trading and settlement, mutual funds, recent market developments, and investor grievances redressal mechanism, among others.
- The SEBI Saa thi mobile app is available in Hindi and English.
- The app would be made available in regional languages going forward.
- Recent Initiatives by SEBI: SEBI, in September 2021, decided to introduce a swing pricing mechanism for open-ended debt mutual fund schemes.
- Swing pricing is a mechanism to apportion the costs of redemption and purchaserequests of investors whose large orders cause a dent in the Net Asset Value(NAV).
- In September 2021, SEBI introduced the T+1 settlement cycle for the completion of share transactions on an optional basis in a move to enhance market liquidity. FSN E-Commerce Ventures, Adani Wilmar, Star Health and Allied Insurance Company, Sigachi Industries, Latent View Analytics and Penna Cement Industries have got approval from SEBI to raise funds via initial public offerings (IPOs).
- SEBI is the regulator of the securities and commodity market in India owned by the Government of India.
- It was established on 12 April 1992.
- It is headquartered in Mumbai.
Please Log in Before Quiz (Log in Link is in Top Menu)
- 1Sunanda Rout70 %235 s14
- 2Gitanjali Barik10 %49 s2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31