| Today Current Affairs | 31th January 2022 |
| Today Current Affairs | 31th January 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1. Which day marks the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
‘କେଉଁ ଦିନ ମହାତ୍ମା ଗାନ୍ଧୀଙ୍କ ମୃତ୍ୟୁ ବାର୍ଷିକୀ ପାଳନ କରାଯାଏ?
- 28 January
- 29 January
- 30 January
- 31 January
The correct answer is 30 January.
- 30 January marks the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Mahatma Gandhi was shot and killed by Nathuram Godse during his evening prayers in the Birla House on January 30, 1948.
- A two-minute silence is held across the country at 11 a.m. in honor of Indian martyrs.
- Martyr’s Day is also observed on 23rd March, the date on which Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Rajguru, and Sukhdev Thapar were hanged.
Dates Important Days
1 January – Global Family Day
4 January – World Braille Day
6 January – World Day of War Orphans
8 January – African National Congress Foundation Day
9 January – Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
11 January – Death anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri
12 January – National Youth Day
15 January – Indian Army Day
23 January – Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti
24 January – National Girl Child Day
25 January – National Voters Day, National Tourism Day
26 January – Republic Day, International Customs Day
28 January – Birth Anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai
30 January – Martyrs Day or Shaheed Diwas, World Leprosy Eradication Day (Last Sunday of January)
2. ISRO successfully conducted a 25-second qualification test for its which engine to be used under the Gaganyaan mission, in January 2022?
‘ଜାନୁୟାରୀ 2022 ରେ ISRO ସଫଳତାର ସହିତ 25 ସେକେଣ୍ଡର ଯୋଗ୍ୟତା ପରୀକ୍ଷା କରିଥିଲା ଯାହା ଗଗାନିଆନ୍ ମିଶନ୍ ଅଧୀନରେ କେଉଁ ଇଞ୍ଜିନ ବ୍ୟବହାର କରାଯିବ?
The correct answer is Vikas.
- ISRO successfully conducted a 25-second qualification test for its liquid propellantbased Vikas engine to be used under the Gaganyaan mission, in January 2022.
- The test was conducted at the ISRO Propulsion Complex in Mahendragri, Tamil Nadu.
- It was done to see how the engine performed in conditions that were not optimal, such as change in the fuel-oxidizer ratio or pressure in the fuel chamber.
- Three more tests will be conducted, totalling a duration of 75 seconds, to test the engine under varying conditions.
- Then, a long-duration test for 240 seconds will be conducted to qualify the engine for carrying humans to space.
- Two Vikas engines have already been tested for 240 seconds each under optimal operating conditions.
- This is one of the three engines that the space agency will have to qualify to finally make the entire launch vehicle human rated
3. In January 2022, which of the following teams has won a bronze medal in Hockey Women’s Asia Cup?
‘ଜାନୁୟାରୀ 2022 ରେ, ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ଦଳଗୁଡିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ହକି ମହିଳା ଏସିଆ କପରେ ବ୍ରୋଞ୍ଜ ପଦକ ଜିତିଛି?
- Sri Lanka
The correct answer is India.
- India women’s hockey team won a bronze medal after beating China 2-0 in Hockey Women’s Asia Cup on 28 January 2022.
- The match was held at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex in Muscat, Oman.
- India has won the title twice earlier.
- Sharmila Devi in the 13th minute and Gurjit Kaur in the 19th minute scored goals for India.
- Japan won the Cup by defeating South Korea in the finals.
- The Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) was founded during the Asian Games in Tokyo in 1958, during which hockey made its first Asian Games appearance.
- The five founding AHF member countries were India, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, and Pakistan
4. In January 2022, which of the following companies has decided to buy 1.28% stake in Bharti Airtel?
‘ଜାନୁଆରୀ 2022 ରେ, ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ କମ୍ପାନୀଗୁଡିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ଭାରତ ଏୟାରଟେଲରେ 1.28% ଅଂଶଧନ କିଣିବାକୁ ନିଷ୍ପତ୍ତି ନେଇଛି?
- Apple Inc.
- Tata Capital
The correct answer is Google.
- Google will invest up to $1 billion in Bharti Airtel through a mix of equity and commercial partnerships in areas like affordable smartphones, networks, and the cloud.
- This is Google’s second investment in an Indian telecom service provider (after Reliance Jio) and is part of its $10-billion India digitization fund.
Google will get a 1.28 percent stake in the company.
- The $1-billion commitment includes an equity investment of $700 million (Rs 5,224 crore).
- Additionally, Google will set aside $300 million for potential investment in areas like smartphone access, networks, and the cloud.
- In January 2022, Indifi Technologies has collaborated with Google Pay to provide instant loans to eligible small merchants on the Google Pay platform.
- In January 2022, RBL Bank has collaborated with Google to expand its value proposition in order to serve its rapidly growing customer base through its digital platform, Abacus 2.0.
- In January 2022, Google has acquired an Israel-based cybersecurity startup ‘Siemplify’ for $500 million.
5. Which of the following country’s researchers have discovered a new kind of coronavirus, NeoCov in January 2022?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ଦେଶର କେଉଁ ଗବେଷକମାନେ ଜାନୁଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଏକ ନୂତନ ପ୍ରକାରର କରୋନାଭାଇରସ୍, ନିଓକୋଭ୍ ଆବିଷ୍କାର କରିଛନ୍ତି?
The correct answer is China.
- Chinese researchers have discovered a new kind of coronavirus, NeoCov, which is spreading among bats in South Africa.
- In their study, the scientists say that the virus may pose a threat to humans in the future.
- NeoCov is closely related to the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), a viral disease first identified in Saudi Arabia in 2012.
- Researchers from IIT Jodhpur have developed a new Artificial Intelligence (AI) solution to diagnose covid-19 in January 2022.
- Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya released a commemorative postal stamp on the COVID-19 vaccine to mark the first anniversary of India’s National Covid-19 vaccination program, on 16 Jan 2022.
- On November 29th, 2021, World Health Organisation (WHO) has classified the new COVID-19 variant B.1.1.529 as Omicron.
- New COVID-19 variant B.1.1.529 was first reported to WHO from South Africa on 24 November 2021.
- WHO Established: 7 April 1948;
- WHO Director General: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (As of Jan 2022).
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan was appointed as the Covid-vaccine ambassador of Maharashtra in November 2021.
- In November 2021, Britain has approved the world’s first pill to treat cases of symptomatic COVID-19.
Please Log in Before Quiz (Log in Link is in Top Menu)
- 1Sunanda Rout90 %217 s18
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31