| Today Current Affairs | 5th February 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1. How much money has been allocated to the Department of Space in the Union Budget 2022?
‘ୟୁନିଅନ୍ ବଜେଟ୍ 2022 ରେ ମହାକାଶ ବିଭାଗକୁ କେତେ ଟଙ୍କା ଆବଣ୍ଟନ କରାଯାଇଛି?
- ‘13,700 crore ‘
- ‘ 11,700 crore ‘
- ‘ 10,700 crore ‘
- ‘ 700 crore’
The correct answer is 13,700 crore.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has allocated Rs 13,700 crore to the
Department of Space in the Union Budget.
- The allocation was an increase of Rs 1,058 crore over the revised estimate of Rs 12,642 crore in the previous budget.
- A giant share of the allocation – Rs 10,534 crore – has been made under the head of space technology that covers most of the centres of ISRO.
- ISRO plans to launch India’s first unmanned space mission under Gaganyaan.
- The preparations for the manned mission involve an in-flight demonstration of the Crew Escape System functioning in the lower atmosphere.
- Sitharaman made a marginal increase in the allocation for the Department of Atomic Energy to Rs 22,723.58 crore, as against Rs 22,707.21 crore.
- The Present Chairman of ISRO is Mr. S Somanath (As of Feb 2022).
2. Who clinched the women’s singles title in the Odisha Open Super 100 badminton tournament in Bhubaneshwar in January 2022?
‘ଜାନୁଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଭୁବନେଶ୍ୱରରେ ଓଡ଼ିଶା ଓପନ୍ ସୁପର 100 ବ୍ୟାଡମିଣ୍ଟନ ଟୁର୍ନାମେଣ୍ଟରେ ମହିଳା ସିଙ୍ଗଲ୍ସ ଟାଇଟଲ କିଏ ଜିତିଛି?
- ‘Aparna Popat ‘
- ‘ Ashwini Ponnappa’
- ‘ Manasi Girishchandra Joshi ‘
- ‘ Unnati Hooda’
The correct answer is Unnati Hooda.
- Unnati Hooda and Kiran George clinched the women’s and men’s singles title respectively in the Odisha Open Super 100 badminton tournament in Bhubaneshwar in January 2022.
- Unnati defeated Smit Toshniwal 21-18, 21-11 in the women’s singles final while Kiran defeated Priyanshu Rajawat 21-15, 14-21, 21-18 in 58 minutes in the men’s category.
- Other Sports News:
- India’s Hansini Mathan Rajan defeated Syria’s Hend Zaza to win the girl’s singles event at the 2021 ITTF Hopes and Challenge table tennis tournament in Amman, Jordan, in December 2021.
- Indian badminton ace P V Sindhu settled for a silver medal at the BWF World Tour Finals after losing to South Korea’s An Seyoung 16-21, 12-21.
- The Tokyo Paralympian Kashish Lakra (F51) bagged a gold medal in the club throw at the 2021 Asia Youth Paralympic Games in Bahrain on 3 December 2021.
- Ananya Bansal won the country’s first silver medal in shotput in the F-20 category at the Asia Youth Paralympic Games in Manama, Bahrain on 3 Dec’21.
- In shooting, Rajshree Sancheti claimed the gold medal in the women’s 10-meter air rifle at the 64th National Shooting Championship Competitions (NSCC) in Bhopal on 30 November 2021.
3. Which of the following day is celebrated as the World Cancer Day declared by The Union of International Cancer Control?
‘ୟୁନିଅନ ଅଫ୍ ଆନ୍ତର୍ଜାତୀୟ କର୍କଟ ନିୟନ୍ତ୍ରଣ ଦ୍ୱାରା ଘୋଷିତ ବିଶ୍ୱ କର୍କଟ ଦିବସ ଭାବରେ ପରଦିନ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ପାଳନ କରାଯାଏ?
- ’04 February ‘
- ‘ 02 February ‘
- ‘ 01 February ‘
- ‘ 03 February’
The correct answer is 04 February.
- The Union of International Cancer Control has declared World Cancer Day as a global uniting initiative.
- It was founded on 4 Feb 2000, during the World Cancer Conference in Paris.
- On that same day, Koichiro Matsuura, then-General Director of UNESCO, and former French President Jacques Chirac inked the Charter of Paris Against Cancer.
- Close the Care Gap is the theme for 2022-2024.
- List of Important Days in February 2022:
01 February – Indian Coast Guard Day
02 February -World Wetlands Day
02 February – Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day
04 February – World Cancer Day, National Day of Sri
05 February – Kala Ghoda Festival
4. Which state has been selected as best state tableau of Republic Day parade 2022?
‘ରିପବ୍ଲିକ୍ ଡେ ପ୍ୟାରେଡ୍ 2022 ର ଶ୍ରେଷ୍ଠ ରାଜ୍ୟ ଟେବୁଲ୍ ଭାବରେ କେଉଁ ରାଜ୍ୟକୁ ମନୋନୀତ କରାଯାଇଛି?
- ‘Haryana ‘
- ‘ Rajasthan ‘
- ‘ Uttar Pradesh ‘
- ‘ Uttarakhand’
The correct answer is Uttar Pradesh.
- Results have been declared for best tableaux and best marching contingents of Republic Day parade 2022.
- The Indian Navy marching contingent was adjudged as the best marching contingent.
- The tableau of UP has been selected as the best among the 12 States/UTs.
- The tableau of Uttar Pradesh was based on the theme ‘One District One Product’ and Kashi Vishwanath Dham’.
- The second place went to Karnataka, followed by Meghalaya.
- Three panels of judges were appointed for assessing the performance of the marching contingents from the three Services, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), other Auxiliary forces, and tableaux from various states and Union Territories (UTs) and Central Ministries and Departments.
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has been named as the best marching contingent among CAPF/other auxiliary forces.
- The tableaux of the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Civil Aviation have been declared as the joint winners in the category of Central Ministries and Departments.
- The theme of the tableau of Ministry of Education & Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship was ‘National Education Policy’, while the tableau of the Ministry of Civil Aviation was based on the theme ‘Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik’.
- The tableaux of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (CPWD), based on the theme ‘Subhash @125’ and the ‘Vande Bharatam’ dance group have been selected
for the special prize category.
- As per popular choice, the marching contingent of the Indian Air Force has been picked as the best marching contingent among the three Services.
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) received maximum votes on MyGov as the best marching contingent among CAPF/other auxiliary forces.
- Maharashtra was voted as the best tableau among the States/UTs in the popular choice category.
- The tableau of Maharashtra was based on the theme ‘Biodiversity and State Biosymbols of Maharashtra’.
- The second place went to Uttar Pradesh (popular choice), while the tableau of Jammu and Kashmir, on the theme ‘Changing face of Jammu & Kashmir’, finished third.
- The tableau of the Ministry of Communication and Department of Posts was adjudged as the best tableau among Central Ministries/Departments based on people’s
5. In February 2022, SpaceX has added how many satellites to its growing Starlink internet megaconstellation?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ, ସ୍ପେସ୍ ଏକ୍ସ ଏହାର ବ growing ୁଥିବା ଷ୍ଟାରଲିଙ୍କ ଇଣ୍ଟରନେଟ୍ ମେଗାକନ୍ଷ୍ଟେଲେସନ୍ରେ କେତେ ଉପଗ୍ରହ ଯୋଗ କରିଛି?
- ’29 ‘
- ‘ 30 ‘
- ‘ 49 ‘
- ‘ 59’
The correct answer is 49.
- SpaceX has added another 49 satellites to its growing Starlink internet megaconstellation.
- A Falcon 9 rocket launched 49 new Starlink satellites to orbit on 3 February, lifting off from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center.
- This new set of Starlinks, known as Group 4-7, will join more than 1,800 functional satellites in the constellation.
- This was the third Starlink launch of 2022.
- The satellites will join more than 1,500 operational spacecraft in SpaceX’s global internet network, beaming broadband signals to more than 145,000 subscribers in more than 25 countries.
- The satellites each weigh more than a quarter-ton and were built at SpaceX’s Starlink factory in Redmond, Washington.
SpaceX eventually hopes to have as many as 42,000 satellites in the Starlink megaconstellation.
6. Which country crossed the milestone of 5 lakh COVID-19 deaths in February 2022, becoming the third country in the world?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ କେଉଁ ଦେଶ 5 ଲକ୍ଷ COVID-19 ମୃତ୍ୟୁର ମାଇଲଖୁଣ୍ଟ ଅତିକ୍ରମ କରି ବିଶ୍ୱର ତୃତୀୟ ଦେଶ ହେଲା??
- ‘India ‘
- ‘ Pakistan ‘
- ‘ China ‘
- ‘ Russia’
The correct answer is India.
- India crossed the milestone of 5 lakh COVID-19 deaths on 3 February 2022, becoming the third country in the world to do so after the US and Brazil.
- The country took 217 days to reach 5 lakh deaths from 4 lakh recorded on July 1, 2021, the longest time taken to record 1 lakh fatalities.
- The country’s death toll had crossed three lakh-mark on May 23 and two lakh-mark on April 27, 2021.
- With over 9.2 lakh deaths, US has the highest number of fatalities due to the infection followed by Brazil with over 6.3 lakh, according to the Worldometers, which has been
compiling global COVID-19 data.