| Today Current Affairs | 9th February 2022 |
| Today Current Affairs | 9th February 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1. Which of the following days is being celebrated as the Safer Internet Day in February 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ପରବର୍ତ୍ତୀ ଦିନଗୁଡିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ସୁରକ୍ଷିତ ଇଣ୍ଟରନେଟ୍ ଦିବସ ଭାବରେ ପାଳନ କରାଯାଏ?
- ‘8 February’
- ‘ 04 February’
- ‘ 05 February’
- ‘ 02 February’
The correct answer is 8 February.
- Safer Internet Day is celebrated every year in the second week of February.
For 2022, it is being celebrated on 8th February.
- The day calls upon all stakeholders to join together to make the internet a safer and better place for all, especially for children and young people.
- Computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web (WWW) in 1990.
- Theme: “Together for a better internet”.
- List of Important Days in February 2022:
01 February – Indian Coast Guard Day
02 February – World Wetlands Day
02 February – Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day
04 February – World Cancer Day, National Day of
05 February – Kala Ghoda Festival
2. In which of the following cities, the world’s third-largest cricket stadium is going to be built?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ସହର ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁ ସହରରେ ବିଶ୍ୱର ତୃତୀୟ ବୃହତ୍ତମ କ୍ରିକେଟ୍ ଷ୍ଟାଡିୟମ୍ ନିର୍ମାଣ ହେବାକୁ ଯାଉଛି?
- ‘ Jaipur’
- ‘ Mohali’
- ‘ Ranchi’
The correct answer is Jaipur.
- The world’s third-largest cricket stadium is going to be built in Jaipur.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot (As of Feb 2022) and BCCI President Sourav Ganguly (As of Feb 2022) laid the foundation stone of the project virtually in February 2022.
- It will be the second-largest cricket stadium in India.
- A stadium each will be built in Jodhpur and Udaipur as well.
- Important Current Affairs related to Cricket in 2021-22:
- To promote women’s empowerment, Legends League Cricket (LLC) has
appointed cricketer Jhulan Goswami as an ambassador.
- India has won the U-19 Asia Cricket Cup 2021 held in Dubai, UAE in December 2021.
- South African wicket-keeper Quinton de Kock announced retirement from Test cricket on 30 December 2021.
- India has become the first Asian team to win a Test match at Centurion after
beating South Africa by 113-run.
- Rishabh Pant has become the fastest Indian wicket-keeper to reach 100
dismissals in Test cricket.
- He achieved this feat against South Africa in Centurion on Dec 28, 2021.
Mohammed Shami has become the fifth Indian pacer to take 200 Test wickets.
- In December 2021, Rishabh Pant has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has appointed Geoff Allardice as the
permanent CEO of the International Cricket governing body in November 2021.
- ICC Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- ICC Founded: 15 June 1909
- ICC Deputy Chairman: Imran Khwaja (As of Jan 2022).
- ICC Chairman: Greg Barclay (As of Jan 2022).
- In December 2021, the Board of Control for Cricket in India ( BCCI) has formed a committee for the differently-abled cricketers of the country.
3. Under which of the following services home delivery of medicines began from 1 February 2022?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ସେବାଗୁଡିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି medicines ଷଧର ଗୃହ ବିତରଣ 1 ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରୁ ଆରମ୍ଭ ହୋଇଥିଲା?
- ‘ SAATHI’
- ‘ SeVA’
The correct answer is SeHAT.
- Home delivery of medicines began from 1 February 2022 under Services e-Health Assistance and Teleconsultation, SeHAT.
- As part of the Government’s commitment to Digital India and e-Governance, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had launched SeHAT in May 2021.
- SeHAT is the tri-services teleconsultation service of the Ministry of Defence designed for all entitled personnel and their families.
- SeHAT stay home OPD is a patient-to-doctor system where the patient can consult a doctor remotely through the internet using his Smartphone, laptop, Desktop, or Tablet.
- The consultation occurs through video, audio, and chat at the same time.
It aims to provide quality healthcare services to patients from the comfort of their homes.
- Since its launch, there have been more than 10,000 successful teleconsultations on SeHAT, with a strong team of 2000 plus doctors onboard.
4. “Operation AAHT” launched by Railway Protection Force (RPF) to
‘ରେଳ ସୁରକ୍ଷା ବଳ (ଆରପିଏଫ୍) ଦ୍ୱାରା ଆରମ୍ଭ ହୋଇଥିବା “ଅପରେସନ୍ AAHT” |
- ‘crackdown on sale of unauthorized packaged drinking water in railway premises’
- ‘ curb human trafficking’
- ‘ identify and verify all vehicles parked in Railway premises, circulating area, parking and even in the ‘No Parking’ areas for a longer duration’
- ‘ ensure a safe train journey for women passengers’
The correct answer is to curb human trafficking.
In News The Railway Protection Force (RPF) has launched a nationwide operation to curb human trafficking. Hence option 2 is correct.
- As part of “Operation AAHT”, special teams will be deployed on all longdistance trains/routes with a focus on rescuing victims, particularly women and children, from the clutches of traffickers.
- The railway is the most reliable mode of transportation for the traffickers who often move their victims on long-distance trains.
- As part of “Operation AAHT”, the infrastructure and intelligence network of the force could be utilised to collect, collate and analyse clues on victims, source, route, etc and share with other law-enforcing agencies.
- The RPF would act as a bridge cutting across States to assist the local police in the mission to curb the menace.
- In a crackdown on the sale of unauthorized packaged drinking water, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) launched an all-India drive called Operation Thirst.
- Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Indian Railways launched a Special Drive with a Code Name “Operation Number Plate” to identify and verify all vehicles parked in Railway premises, circulating area, parking and even in the ‘No Parking’ areas for a longer duration.
- Operation Shakti: To ensure a safe train journey for women passengers, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) has launched a major safety operation backed by extensive analysis of data on crime-prone trains and railway stations across the South Western Railway Zone
5. With reference to the CoWIN portal, consider the following statements:
1. Aadhaar is mandatory for registration on the CoWIN portal for COVID-19 vaccination.
2. It is the web portal of Indian government to register for only COVID-19 vaccination.
3. The portal also provides vaccination certificates in digital format
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
‘CoWIN ପୋର୍ଟାଲକୁ ଅନୁସରଣ କରି, ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ବିବୃତ୍ତିକୁ ବିଚାର କରନ୍ତୁ:
1. COVID-19 ଟୀକାକରଣ ପାଇଁ CoWIN ପୋର୍ଟାଲରେ ପଞ୍ଜୀକରଣ ପାଇଁ ଆଧାର ବାଧ୍ୟତାମୂଳକ |
2. କେବଳ COVID-19 ଟୀକାକରଣ ପାଇଁ ପଞ୍ଜିକରଣ କରିବା ଭାରତ ସରକାରଙ୍କ ୱେବ୍ ପୋର୍ଟାଲ୍ |
3. ପୋର୍ଟାଲ୍ ଡିଜିଟାଲ୍ ଫର୍ମାଟରେ ଟୀକାକରଣ ପ୍ରମାଣପତ୍ର ମଧ୍ୟ ପ୍ରଦାନ କରେ |
ଉପରୋକ୍ତ କଥାଗୁଡ଼ିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ସଠିକ୍?
- ‘1 only’
- ‘ 2 and 3 only’
- ‘ 2 only’
- ‘ 1 and 3 only’
The correct answer is 2 and 3 only.
- The government has confirmed in the Supreme Court that Aadhaar is not mandatory for registration on the CoWIN portal for COVID-19 vaccination. Hence statement 1 is not correct.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare informed that one of the nine identity documents, including passport, driving licence, PAN card, voter ID card, ration card, can be produced for vaccination.
- CoWIN (Covid Vaccine Intelligence Work) It is the Indian government’s web portal to register for COVID-19 vaccination.
Hence statement 2 is correct.
- It displays slots of COVID-19 vaccine available in the nearby areas and can be booked on the website.
- CoWIN is a cloud-based IT solution for planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of Covid-19 vaccination in India.
- This allows the system to monitor the utilisation, wastage, coverage of Covid-19 vaccination at national, state, district and sub-district level.
- CoWIN system tracks on a real time basis the vaccination drive in India.
The portal also provides vaccination certificates in digital format. Hence
statement 3 is correct.
- CoWIN is essentially an extension of eVIN (Electronic Vaccine Intelligence
tension of eVIN (Electronic Vaccine Intelligence
Please Log in Before Quiz (Log in Link is in Top Menu)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31