Current Affairs 22 November 2022
Current Affairs is an important section of any Banking, SSC, UPSC, Railways and any govt. entrance exams. All aspirants who are preparing for the upcoming exams in 2022 must be well prepare with this section. The current affairs are made by our experts for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, IAS, Railway-RRB, UPPSC, UKPSC, TNPSC, MPPSC & Other State Government Jobs / Exams and latest Current Affairs 2022 for banking exams SBI Clerk, SBI PO, IBPS PO Clerk, RBI, RRB and more. Keep reading current affairs and GK facts updated on a daily & monthly basis on this page. Stay aware about the recent happenings in the country and across the globe and equip your preparation for upcoming govt. exams.
Current Affairs 22 November 2022
1) Who has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner of India?
A. Arun Goel
B. Ajit Kumar
C. Kiran Dhingra
D. Aditya Negi
- • Arun Goel has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner of India.
• Arun Goel, a 1985 batch IAS officer of the Punjab cadre who took voluntary retirement.
• He was to retire on December 31, 2022 after completing 60 years of age.
• He will be in office till December 2027.
• The post of 3rd Election Commissioner remained vacant after the then Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar tookthe charge of Chief Election Commissioner in May this year
2) What is India’s rank in the “Network Readiness Index 2022”?
- • India has improved its rank by six slots in the Network Readiness Index 2022 (NRI 2022) report and is now placed
at 61st rank with a score of 51.19.
• United States tops the list with an overall score of 80.3. It is followed by Singapore with a score of 79.35 and
Sweden with a score of 78.91.
• NRI 2022 Report maps the network-based readiness landscape of 131 economies based on their performances
in 4 pillars: Technology, People, Governance, and Impact covering a total of 58 variables.
• The report is prepared by Portulans Institute
3) India has finished with how many gold medals in the 15th Asian Airgun Championship?
A. 24 Gold
B. 25 Gold
C. 27 Gold
D. 28 Gold
- • India total won 38 medals including 25 Gold, 9 silver, and 4 bronze at the 15th Asian Airgun Championships.
• Indian Pair of Manu Bhaker and Samrat Rana won the 10meter Junior Air Pistol Mixed Team event.
• The Indian pair of Rhythm Sangwan and Vijayveer Sidhu won gold in the senior event.
• Indian contingents, consisting of 36 shooters took part in the tournament.
• The 15th Asian Airgun Championship was held in Daegu, Korea November 9-19, 2022.
• The Korea Shooting Federation has organized the event at the Daegu International Shooting Range
4) Indian Air Force has organized ‘Air Fest 2022’, annual show in –
B. New Delhi
- The annual “Air Fest 2022” commenced at Air Force Head
Quarters Maintenance Command in Nagpur on November
• The aircraft and helicopters of IAF showcased exemplary
manoeuvres over the skies of Nagpur.
• It is being conducted as a part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit
• Objective: to showcase various facets of Indian Air Force
(IAF) and motivate the youth of Nagpur to choose Indian
Air Force for an exciting career.
5) Who has inaugurated the ‘No Money for Terror’ Global Meet in New Delhi?
A. Rajnath Singh
B. Amit Shah
C. Narendra Modi
D. Droupadi Murmu
- • Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 18th November, delivered the inaugural address at the third ‘No Money for
Terror’ (NMFT) Ministerial Conference on CounterTerrorism Financing.
• The conference will build on the gains and learnings of the previous two conferences held in Paris in April 2018 and in Melbourne in November 2019.
• Prime Minister also underlined the need to strike at the “root of terror financing”.
6) Who became 1st Indian women to win a medal at the Asian cup Table Tennis tournament?
A. Ankita Raina
B. Manika Batra
C. Shikha Uberoi
D. Ankita Bhambri
- • Manika Batra became the first Indian women player to win a medal at the Asian cup Table Tennis tournament.
• She defeated world No.6 Hina Hayata of Japan in the women’s singles bronze medal match in Bangkok,
Thailand on 19 November 2022.
• She became the 2nd Indian player to win a medal at the Asia Cup Table Tennis.
• Before her, Chetan Baboor won silver in 1997 and bronze in 2000.
7) Who has represent India at the inauguration of the 22nd Men’s FIFA World Cup?
A . Anurag Singh Thakur
B. Amit Shah
C. Droupadi Murmu
D. Jagdeep Dhankar
- • Vice President Jagdeep Dhankar has represent India at the inauguration of the 22nd Men’s FIFA World Cup in Qatar on 20 November 2022.
• The 60,000-capacity Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor hosted the opening ceremony on 20 November 2022 just before the first match between host Qatar and Ecuador.
• The 22nd FIFA men’s world cup will be held in Qatar from 20 November to 18 December 2022.
• It is the first time that an Arab country will host the tournament.
• It is the second world cup to be held in Asia after the 2002 World cup which was jointly hosted by Japan and South Korea.
• A total of 32 teams will participate in the world cup
8) India’s first ever Street Circuit Car Racing has been organised in –
- • The Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) and the Indian Racing League (IRL) have been
jointly organised India’s first ever Street Circuit Car Racing at Hyderabad on 19 and 20 November 2022.
• At least 22 electric racing cars are taking part in the trial.
• HMDA and IRL will hold a first-ever Formula E World Championship race in India at Hyderabad, to be held on
10 and 11 February 2023.
• Formula E race is a single-seater motor racing championship.
9) Who has inaugurated month-long ‘Kashi Tamil Sangamam’ organized in Varanasi?
A. Amit Shah
B. Narendra Modi
C. Amit Shah
D. Piyush Goyal
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has inaugurated monthlong ‘Kashi Tamil Sangamam’ being organized in
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
• Objective: to celebrate, reaffirm and rediscover the ageold links between Tamil Nadu and Kashi.
• It will bring together academic exchanges, seminars,discussions, etc. between experts and scholars
• During the event, PM has also released a book ‘Tirukkural’ along with its translation into 13 languages.
10) 21st World Congress of Accountants 2022 (WCOA) has been organised in –
C. New Delhi
- The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) is hosting the 21st World Congress of Accountants
2022(WCOA) at the Jio World Centre, Mumbai, from November 18-21, 2022 in a Hybrid mode.
• Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman addressed the World Congress of Accountants virtually.
• Theme of the 21st World Congress of Accountants 2022 is: “Building Trust Enabling Sustainability”.
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established under the Chartered
• Accountants Act, 1949. It was set up on 1 July 1949.
11) Centre has extended the maximum tenure of MD & CEO of Public Sector Banks (PSB) from 5 years to –
A. 7 years
B. 8 years
C. 10 years
D. 12 years
The Government of India has raised the maximum tenure of the managing director (MD) and chief executive officer
(CEO) of Public Sector Banks (PSB) to 10 years from five years.
• However there is no change in the retirement age of 60 years.
• Banks owned by the Government of India are called Public Sector Banks.
• Currently there are 12 Public Sector Banks in India.
12) Which Union Minister has announce to set up 100 archery academies?
A. Arjun Munda
B. Narendra Modi
C. Amit Shah
D. Dharmendra Pradhan
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda has said the government has decided to set up 100 archery academies
in the country to promote talent amongst tribal children.
• While speaking at a function organised to give Janjatiya Gaurav Puraskar in New Delhi on 19 November 2022, he
said that his Ministry is continuously working for enhancing educational and health facilities and also
focusing on generating employment in the tribal areas.
13) Which state government will re-launch the ‘Kanti Velugu Yojana’?
C. Uttar Pradesh
- • Telangana government will relaunch the “Kanti Velugu scheme” from eye health from January 18 across the
• The scheme includes free eye check-up, surgery and distribution spectacles as needed to beneficiaries, free.
• The scheme was launched on August 15, 2018, and ran for a year. It benefited 23.43 lakh people, at a cost of Rs 200 crore.
14) “International Men’s Day” is observed every year on –
A. 19th November
B. 20th November
C. 21st November
D. 22nd November
- International Men’s Day is observed on 19 November to remember all the men in the society and their
contribution in all aspects of life.
• Aims: To remember positive male role models and honour their contributions in all aspects of life
• Theme 2022: “Helping Men and Boys”
• The theme aims to work towards improving the health and well-being of men globally.
• International Men’s Day was first celebrated in 1999 by Dr.Jerome Teelaksingh, Professor of History at the University of the West Indies in Trinidad and Tobago, to commemorate the birth anniversary of his father.
15) “World day of Remembrance for Road traffic Victims” is observed every year on –
A. 20th November
B. 3rd Sunday of
C. 21st November
D. 3rd Monday of
- • World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is marked every year on Third Sunday of November.
• In 2022, the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims falls on 20 November 2022.
• Theme 2022: “Remember. Support. Act”
• The purpose of the day is to remember those killed and injured on the roads, together with their families, friends,
and others affected.
• The day was started by the British road crash victim charity, RoadPeace, in 1993 and was adopted by the
United Nations General Assembly in 2005.