Current Affairs: 8th DECEMBER 2022
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
Welcome to the ODISHA REGIONAL STUDY POINT Current Affairs website which provides you with the best compilation of the Daily Current Affairs 2022 taking place across the globe: National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, Banking, Economy, Agreement, Appointments, Ranks and Report and General Studies. ORSP has been a fantastic buddy in assisting you in reaching your full potential in terms of knowledge and learning by providing you with the top academic information.
ORSP is one of the most popular Current Affairs website in India for UPSC, SSC, Banking / IBPS, IAS, NTSE, Railways, NDA, CDS, Judiciary, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPSC, MPPSC, and other state civil services / government job recruitment examinations in India.
Current Affairs is a major part of the exams like UPSC, UPSC CSE, IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, UKPSC, APPSC, MPSC etc. Many Govt job aspirants have benefited from our Current Affairs website now it’s your turn. This is the best current affairs site to find recent updates on Daily Current Affairs not only for competitive exams but also for interviews and updated with the latest information happening in nation and around the world.
1) Which team has won the 2022 FIFA World Cup title?
• Argentina won the FIFA World Cup 2022 title third time after
defeating defending champions France 4-2 on penalties.
• The final match was played at Lusail Stadium in Lusail, Qatar.
• Argentina has been able to win the World Cup after 36 years.
It has now won the title for the third time after 1978 and
• Lionel Messi scored the first goal in the match on a penalty
in the 23rd minute. He became the first footballer in the
world to score in all knockout matches of a World Cup.
• Lionel Messi won the Golden Ball award for the best player
in the FIFA World Cup 2022, while Mbappe won the Golden
Boot award for being the top goalscorer and Emiliano
Martinez of Argentina won the Golden Glove award for being
the best goalkeeper.
2) Who has won the ATP Fans’ Favorite Award 2022?
A. Rafael Nadal
B. Carlos Alcaraz
C. Casper Ruud
D. Novak Djokovic
A. Rafael Nadal
• Spanish tennis player, Rafael Nadal has won the Fan’
Favorite singles title at the Association of Tennis
Professionals, ATP Awards 2022.
• Carlos Alcaraz (Spain) has won the title of Most
Improved Player of the Year at the ATP awards 2022.
• Fan’s favourite (doubles): Nick Kyrgios and Thanasi
• Newcomer of the Year: Holger Rune
• Comeback Player of the Year: Borna Coric
• Coach of the Year: Juan Carlos Ferrero
• Arthur Ashe Humanitarian Award: Andy Murray
3) Which city has been included under the “Swadesh Darshan 2.0” scheme?
B. Bihar Sharif
• Gaya and Nalanda in Bihar has been included by the
Government of India under the Swadesh Darshan 2.0
• Punaura Dham in Sitamarhi District of Bihar has been
selected for development under the PRASHAD Scheme of
the Government of India.
• This information was given by the Union Tourism Minister G.
Kishan Reddy in the Lok Sabha on 19 December 2022.
• Government of India launched Swadesh Darshan scheme in
2014-15 for integrated development of theme based tourist
circuits for eg Buddhist circuit, Ramayana circuit, desert
• It was later revamped and re-launched as Swadesh Darshan
2.0 with the focus on developing sustainable and responsible
4) PA Sangma football stadium has been inaugurated in
• Meghalaya CM, Conrad K Sangmaat has inaugurated
a football stadium at the P A Sangma Sports
Complex, Dakopgre in Tura.
• The stadium and the two indoor stadiums are built
over a combined area of over 17,000 sqm.
• The indoor stadiums, along with gymnasium,
swimming pool, a table tennis Hall, squash hall and a
badminton hall will be ready for inauguration by
• The government has also launched a talent
identification programme for athletes.
5) Who has inaugurated a nationwide campaign ‘Prashasan Gaon ki Ore’?
A. Jitendra Singh
B. Piyush Goyal
C. Pralhad Joshi
D. Ashwini Vaishnaw
A. Jitendra Singh
• Union Minister for Personnel, Public Grievances, and
Pensions Jitendra Singh has inaugurated a
nationwide campaign, Prashasan Gaon ki Ore.
• This campaign was launched under the Good
Governance Week 2022 in New Delhi.
• He has also launched the Good Governance Week
• More than 700 district collectors will participate in
the campaign and officers will visit tehsil and
panchayat samiti headquarters.
6) Who has been appointed as the first Chancellor of Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya, Vadodara?
A. Bhupendra Yadav
B. Ashwini Vaishnaw
C. Kiren Rijiju
D. Pralhad Joshi
B. Ashwini Vaishnaw
• Union Minister of Railways, Ashwini Vaishnaw has been
appointed as the Chancellor of Gati Shakti
Vishwavidyalaya, Vadodara, by President Smt. Draupadi
• It is noteworthy to mention that Ashwini Vaishnaw will be
the first Chancellor of Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya.
• President also appointed Dr Manoj Chaudhary as the first
Vice Chancellor of Gati Shakti University, Vadodara.
• As per the Central University Act, 2009, Dr Manoj
Chaudhary will hold the position of Vice Chancellor of Gati
Shakti University for five years from the date he assumes
7) Which company has won the IEI Industry Excellence Award 2022?
A. National Mineral
B. TP renewable
C. NTPC Limited
D. Torrent Power
A. National Mineral Development Corporation
• National Miner National Mineral Development
Corporation (NMDC) won the Institution of Engineers,
India (IEI) Industry Excellence Award 2022 in Chennai.
• The largest producer of iron ore in the country was
felicitated at the 37th Indian Engineering Congress for its
outstanding performance and high level of business
• The Institution of Engineers (India) has given the Industry
Excellence Award to NMDC, after reviewing the business
operations, financial performance, environmental
performance, research and development, CSR, and
corporate governance policies of a company.
8) India and which country will launch ferry service between Kankesanthurai and Pondicherry in January 2023?
D. Sri Lanka
D. Sri Lanka
• Sri Lanka and India will start a passenger ferry service
between Kankesanthurai port in Jaffna district and
Karaikal ports in Pondicherry in January 2023.
• A large number of Indian citizens are engaged in
business activities in the Jaffna Peninsula.
• The ferry service between Tamil Nadu and the
Northern part of Sri Lanka which is dominated by Sri
Lanka Tamils was disrupted in 1980’s due to the civil
war in Sri Lanka.
• After the end of the civil war in Sri Lanka in 2009,
efforts were made to revive the old transportation
link between the two countries
9) What is India’s rank in the 2022 Global Food Security Index (GFSI)?
• The 2022 Global Food Security Index (GFSI) report was
released by the British weekly The Economist. The 11th
Global Food Security Index shows a deterioration in the
global food environment for the third year, threatening
• In this report, South Africa overtook Tunisia to become
the most food-secure country in Africa.
• India is ranked at 68th position along with Algeria with the
overall score of 58.9. China’s position is at 25th with the
score of 74.2.
• India was ranked at 71st position in the Global Food
Security (GFS) Index 2021 of 113 countries with an overall
score of 57.2 points on the GFS Index 2021.
10) Who has granted $1 million to IIT Madras to build India’s first Responsible AI center?
• Google plans to collaborate with Indian Institute of
Science (IISC) for project Vaani, Google for India
announced on December 19, 2022.
• Under the partnership, Google aims to build an artificial
intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) model to collect
language samples from 773 districts across India.
• As per the official announcement, Project Vaani aims to
ensure the collected and produced data will be
• In addition, Google has granted a fund of $1 million to
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras to build India’s
first Responsible AI center. The center aims to research on
various aspects of bias in artificial intelligence (AI) in
11) Which Indian Navy sailboat will participate in the 50th edition of the ‘Cape Town to Rio Race 2023’ to be held in January 2023?
A. INSV Tarini
B. INSV Ambuda
C. INSV Balwan
D. INSV Ajral
A. INSV Tarini
• Indian Navy’s sailboat INSV Tarini has set sail for an
expedition to Cape Town, South Africa for
participating in the 50th edition of Cape to Rio Race
• This ocean sailing race will be flagged off from Cape
Town on 2 January 2023 and will culminate at Rio de
• The race is one of the most prestigious Trans-Atlantic
• INSV Tarini is known for circumnavigating the globe
with an all-women officer crew in the historic
expedition titled ‘Navika Sagar Parikrama’ in 2017.
12) Who is the author of newly launched book “The Light We Carry: Overcoming In Uncertain Times”?
A. Barack Obama
B. Michelle Obama
C. Jill Biden
D. Rajvanshi Devi
B. Michelle Obama
• The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times
is a nonfiction book written by Michelle Obama and
published, by Crown Publishing.
• The Light We Carry will inspire readers to examine
their own lives, identify their sources of gladness,
and connect meaningfully in a turbulent world.
• The author “shares the contents of her ‘personal
toolbox’ – the habits and practices, attitudes and
beliefs, and even physical objects that she uses to
overcome her feelings of fear, helplessness and self
13) Which city will host the Urban 20 meetings as part of G 20 meetings?
• The UNESCO heritage city Ahmedabad will host the Urban
20 meetings as part of G 20 meetings between Februarys
to July 2023.
• Chief Minister of Gujarat Bhupendra Patel unveiled the
logo, website and social media handles of the Urban-20
conference in Gandhinagar on 19 December 2022.
• In July 2023, the U20 mayor’s summit will be held in
Ahmedabad to discuss urban development issues.
• The Urban 20 will provide a platform for the G20 cities to
facilitate discussions on important issues of urban
development including climate change, social inclusion,
sustainable mobility, affordable housing, and financing of
urban infrastructure to propose collective solutions.