Current Affairs: 23nd November 2022 www.orsp.co.in
Current Affairs: 23nd November 2022
Current Affairs is an important section of any Banking, SSC, UPSC, Railways and any govt. entrance exams. All aspirants who are preparing for the upcoming exams in 2022 must be well prepare with this section. The current affairs are made by our experts for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, IAS, Railway-RRB, UPPSC, UKPSC, TNPSC, MPPSC & Other State Government Jobs / Exams and latest Current Affairs 2022 for banking exams SBI Clerk, SBI PO, IBPS PO Clerk, RBI, RRB and more. Keep reading current affairs and GK facts updated on a daily & monthly basis on this page. Stay aware about the recent happenings in the country and across the globe and equip your preparation for upcoming govt. exams.
Current Affairs: 23nd November 2022
1) Which country launched the ‘Hwasong-17’ or the Monster missile?
C. North Korea
- • North Korea has launched the ‘Hwasong-17’ intercontinental ballistic missile on 18th November 2022.
• It is also dubbed as the Monster missile.
• The Hwasong-17 is North Korea’s biggest missile yet.
• It is also the largest road-mobile, liquid-fuelled intercontinental ballistic missile in the world.
• Its diameter is estimated to be between 2.4 and 2.5 metres, and its total mass, when fully fuelled.
2) Who has won Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix 2022?
A. Sergio Perez
B. Charles Leclerc
C. Max Verstappen
D. Sebastian Vettel
- • F1 world champion Max Verstappen of Red Bull team won the season ending F1 Abu Dhabi race held on November 2022 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
• It was his record 15th title of the 2022 season.
• He also ended the 2022 season as the world F1 champion.
• He also holds the record for winning a maximum 15 races in a single season. He broke the previous record of 13 race victories in a season jointly held by seven-time worldchampion Michael Schumacher (2004 season) and fourtime world champion Sebastian Vettel (2013 season).
• He won his first F1 world championship title in 2021
3) Which city airport has created World record by sorting 3500 food bags?
- • Chennai Meenambakkam Airport is organizing an awareness week along with Airport Authority, Mylapore
Round Table India, Mylapore Ladies Circle, and Women’s Voluntary Organization.
• So far the world record is 2,800 food bags.
• To break that record, it was awarded a certificate for sorting 3,500 food bags at Chennai airport
4) The 53rd edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) begins in –
- • The 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) begins in Goa on 20th November, will be conclude on 28th
• The opening ceremony was held at Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium near Panaji.
• A total of 280 films from 79 countries will be screened during the 9-day event.
• 25 feature films and 20 non-feature films will be showcased in the Indian Panorama section, while 183 films will be part of international programming.
• The festival was open with Austrian film, Alma and Oskar, directed by Dieter Berner.
5) Who has inaugurated “SARAS AAJEEVIKA MELA 2022” at India International Trade Fair in New Delhi?
A. Arvind Kejriwal
B. Giriraj Singh
C. Amit Shah
D. Narendra Modi
- • Rural Development Minister Giriraj Singh has inaugurated “SARAS AAJEEVIKA MELA 2022” at India International Trade Fair in New Delhi.
• SARAS Mela – It is an initiative by Deendayal Antayodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission to bring the
rural women self-help group members in one platform to showcase their skills.
• Currently, around 8.7 crore women are connected with self-help groups.
• The 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) begins at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. This 14-days fair, which will continue till the 27th of November. Theme of
• Trade Fair: “Vocal For Local, Local to Global”
6) Who has been honored with the prestigious ‘Sumitra Charat Ram Award’ for 2022?
A. Shashi Sankhla
B. Uma Sharma
C. Vijay Shankar
D. Puru Dadheech
- • Kathak exponent, Uma Sharma has received the prestigious ‘Sumitra Charat Ram Award’ on 17th
November, 2022, organised at Kamani Auditorium by Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra (SBKK).
• Reason: For her contribution in the field of Indian classical music and dance.
• The award was presented by former governor of J&K, Karan Singh and Sarod player, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan.
• She was also honoured with the Padma Shri (1973) and Padma Bhushan (2001).
7) Who has been awarded the Peace Prize by the Gandhi Mandela Foundation?
A. Dalai Lama
B. BK Shivani
C. Jaggi Vasudev
D. Sadhvi Ritambhara
- • Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama was on 19th November, awarded the “Peace Prize” by the Gandhi
• The religious leader was selected in 2020 but the award could not be given to him due to the Covid pandemic.
• Gandhi Mandela Foundation is a non-profit organisation, formed with the motive to promote Mahatma Gandhi’s
and former President of South Africa Nelson Mandela’s values of non-violence.
8) Who has been elected as the new president of Gujarat Cricket Association?
A. Rituraj Awasthi
B. Kishore Kumar Basa
C. Suraj Bhan
D. Dhanraj Parimal Nathwani
- • Dhanraj Parimal Nathwani was unanimously elected as the president of Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA) on 19th
• Nathwani, who had held the post of vice-president, will take over the position left vacant by union home minister
• Nathwani played a key role in the development of the Narendra Modi Cricket Stadium in Ahmedabad, which is
spread across 63 acres and can accommodate more than1.3 lakh fans.
9) Which is the first proposed bilateral fund of the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF)?
A. India-SriLanka Fund
B. India-Nepal Fund
C. India-Japan Fund
D. India-Australia Fund
- • Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chaired 5th Meeting of Governing Council of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF)
• NIIF’s first bilateral fund – an ‘India-Japan Fund’ with contribution from GoI has been proposed through an
MoU between National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) and Japan Bank for International Development (JBIC)
10) Who will be conferred with the “Music Genius” award by Tamil Music Association?
A. Dr. S. Soumya
B. Anuradha Srir
C. Harris Jayaraj
D. P. Charkurunath Odhuvar
- • In the 80th anniversary of the Tamil Music Association, Dr. S. Soumya will be conferred with the “Music Genius”award and P. Charkurunath Odhuvar with the “Pan Music Genius” award.
• Chief Minister M.K.Stalin will present the awards at the annual function of the music Association starting on
December 12 at the Raja Annamalai Forum, Chennai.
11) Which state government has approved an outlay of ₹2.60 crore for the Camel Conservation Scheme?
C. Madhya Pradesh
- • Rajasthan government has approved an outlay of Rs 2.60 crore for the Camel Conservation Scheme which is aime at protecting camels.
• Under the scheme, each female camel and calf will be tagged by the veterinary doctor and an identity card will
• The camel rearer will be given Rs 5,000 while the veterinarian will receive Rs 50 honorarium for each
• On completion of one year of the camel calf, the rearer will get another installment of Rs 5,000.
12) Gautam Adani said that India will emerge as World’s 2nd largest economy in –
- • India’s richest man and founder and chairman of the Adani group Gautam Adani said that India will emerge as the World’s 2nd largest economy in 2050 behind China and will become a net exporter of green energy by 2050.
• Speaking at the 21st World Congress of Accountants held at Mumbai, he said that it took the country 58 years to get its first trillion dollars of GDP, 12 years to get to the next trillion and five years for the third trillion.
• According to the International Monetary Fund the Indian economy was $3.18 trillion in 2021-22. IMF expects the Indian economy to be a $5 trillion economy in 2027-28
13) Which country approved the World’s first therapy for prevention of type 1 diabetes?
- • The USA Food and Drug Administration approved the World’s first therapy for prevention of type 1 diabetes.
• The monoclonal antibody teplizumab, which will be marketed under the brand name “Tzield”, is a biologic
therapy that delays the onset of type 1 diabetes.
• The therapy will carry a wholesale cost of roughly $194,000 for a full course of treatment.
• Type 1 diabetes is a chronic medical condition in which the pancreas produces little to no insulin. It was formerly known as insulin-dependent or juvenile diabetes.
14) North-East’s First Unani medicine Regional Center has been inaugurated in –
- • The Union Minister of Ayush and Ports, Shipping & Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the new,
state of the art complex of Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine (RRIUM) in Silchar, Assam on 20
• It is the first Unani medicine regional center in the NorthEast.
• The new complex is spread over an area of 3.5 acres built with an investment of Rs 48 crores.
• The Unani System of Medicine owes its origin to Greece.
• The roots of this system go to Egypt and its sister civilization Mesopotamia. It was further adopted by theArabs, and was developed and improved tremendously by them