Current Affairs: 25th November 2022
Current Affairs: 25th November 2022
ORSP Current Affairs Today Section provides latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2021-2022 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competition exams.
1) What is the name of India’s First Dog on AntiPoacher Duty?
• “Zorba”, India’s first dog to be deployed for tracking down poachers, died in Guwahati due to old age.
• The 12-year-old male Belgian Malinois was a member of ‘K9’, the nation’s first dog squad for wildlife crimes.
• Zorba was the first dog of the squad and he was credited with helping law enforcement authorities nab over 60
• Zorba retired from service in 2019 and was honoured for his services with a traditional Assamese ‘gamosa’ and a
citation on Independence Day this year.
• He served mostly in the Kaziranga National Park from 2012 till his retirement.
• He was also deployed in other national parks on several occasions.
2) Which country’s Parliament has passed Free Trade Agreement with India?
A. United Kingdom
B. New Zealand
• The Prime Minister of Australia Anthony Albanese announced that country’s Free Trade Agreement with
India has been passed through its Parliament.
• The Australia-India Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (ECTA) was signed on April 12, 2022.
• It will secure Australia’s foothold in the world’s fastestgrowing economy.
• Under the pact, Australia is offering zero-duty access to India for about 96.4% of exports (by value) from day one.
This covers many products that currently attract 4-5% customs duty in Australia.
3) Which state has topped in the List of Grid Interactive Renewable Power Capacity?
A. Tamil Nadu
• According to the seventh edition of RBI statistical publication titled ‘Handbook of Statistics on Indian States 2021- 22’, Karnataka has topped the total installed capacity of gridinteractive renewable power of all the states of the country.
• The state had a total installed capacity of 15,463 megawatts (mw).
• Tamilnadu with 15,225 mw, came at the second; Gujarat, with 13,153 mw, was at third position while Maharashtra, with 10,267 mw, was at the fourth.
• Maharashtra was followed by Rajasthan (10,205 mw), Andhra Pradesh (8,969 mw), Madhya Pradesh (5,206 mw),
Telangana (4,378 mw), Uttar Pradesh (3,879 mw), Punjab (1,617 mw) and Himachal Pradesh (988 mw) and Uttarakhand (713 mw) in that order.
4) Tamil Nadu gets its first biodiversity heritage site in which district?
• The Tamil Nadu government on 22nd November, notified 193.215 hectares of area spread across Arittapatti and Meenakshipuram villages in Madurai district as ‘Arittapatti Biodiversity Heritage Site’ under the Biological Diversity
• This is the first Biodiversity Heritage Site (BHS) notified in Tamil Nadu.
• Biodiversity heritage sites are well-defined areas that are unique, ecologically fragile ecosystems.
• The village Arittapatti consists of a chain of seven barren granite hillocks as a watershed and supports 72 lakes, 200 natural spring pools and three check dams.
5) Who has taken over the charge of CEO of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC)?
A. Paul Zacharia
B. Vinit Kumar
C. Vishal Kapoor
D. Kamala Surayya
• Vinit Kumar has taken over the charge of CEO of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in Mumbai on 21st November 2022.
• He is appointed as CEO, Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVlC), Mumbai under the Ministry of Micro,
small sand Medium Enterprises.
• Vinit Kumar, an IRSEE officer of 1993 batch, has served as the Chairman of Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port,Kolkata.
6) Who has inaugurated ‘53 Hours Challenge’ for ‘75 Creative Minds Tomorrow’?
A. Piyush Goyal
B. G. Kishan Reddy
C. Anurag Thakur
D. Arjun Munda
• Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports Anurag Singh Thakur has
inaugurated ‘53 Hours Challenge’ for ‘75 Creative Minds Tomorrow’.
• This is the second edition of 75 Creative Minds of Tomorrow.
• The competition will challenge the winners of ’75 Creative Minds for Tomorrow’ to produce a short film on their idea of [email protected], all in 53 hours.
• This is powered by National Film Development Corporation (NDFC).
7) Which state government has organised the “Lachit Divas” in New Delhi?
A. West Bengal
• The Assam government has organized “Lachit Divas” in New Delhi from 23-25th of November 2022.
• Lachit Divas is observed in Assam on 24th of November every year as a tribute to the Ahom General Lachit Borphukan.
• Lachit Borphukan, born on November 24, 1622, was a commander and Bophukan (councillor) in the Ahom Kingdom.
• Assam government is to celebrate the 400th birth anniversary of the Ahom general from November 18 to 25
8) Which forum launched the “Loss and Damage fund” to support poorer countries?
B. G-20 Annual Summit
C. ASEAN Annual
D. WEF Annual Summit
• Nearly 200 countries at the UN climate summit COP-27 agreed to set up a “loss and damage fund” to support
poorer countries which are affected by climate impacts.
• ‘Loss and damage’ refers to costs being incurred from climate-fuelled weather extremes or impacts, like rising
• The fund covers the cost of damage that poorer countries cannot avoid or adapt to.
• The expected monetary compensation from the L&D fund is estimated to be nearly $500 billion and rising by $200
• The committee will provide recommendations on few subjects at the COP28, which is set to be held in UAE in
9) Which city is the host of the Indian Chemicals Council (ICC) Sustainability Conclave?
C. New Delhi
• The 4th Edition of Indian Chemicals Council (ICC) Sustainability Conclave was held in New Delhi on 17-18
• Theme of the event is ‘Boardrooms to Community-ESG, Carbon Neutrality, Operational Safety, Greener
• The Conclave aims to promote sustainability in the management of the entire life cycle of chemicals.
• It is being organized by United Nations Environment Program and International Council of Chemical
Associations with support of Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers and Ministry of Environment, Forest and
10) Which Bollywood superstar will receive a Honorary Award at the Red Sea International Film
A. Salman Khan
B. Shah Rukh Khan
C. Ranbir Kapoor
D. Ajay Devgn
• On 20 November, the Red Sea International Film Festival (Red Sea IFF) announced that Bollywood superstar Shah
Rukh Khan will receive an Honorary Award.
• He will receive this award in recognition of his exceptional contribution to the film industry at the opening ceremony of the second edition of the festival in Jeddah on the eastern coast of the Red Sea.
• Shahrukh, fondly called King Khan, made more than 100 films in three decades in the film industry and crafted an extraordinary career in India and around the world.11) India’s First Suicide Prevention Policy was announced by –
11) India’s First Suicide Prevention Policy was announced by
A. NITI Aayog
C. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
• Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India has announced the “National Suicide Prevention Strategy”.
• National Suicide Prevention Strategy (NSPS) aims to reduce suicide mortality by 10% by 2030 through timely actions and multi-sectoral collaborations.
• Suicides in India: India, as middle-income country, has a high burden of suicide. More than 1 lakh people lose their lives each year because of it. It is among the top reasons for deaths of people in the age group of 15 to 29 years. The most common reasons for suicides include family problems and illnesses, which account for 34 per cent and 18 per cent of all suiciderelated deaths. About 63 per cent of people who died of suicide earned less than Rs.1 lakh per annum. Daily wage earners, selfemployed persons and housewives accounted for over half ofthe suicide cases in the country
12) Which country has emerged as the biggest supplier of fertilizers to India?
• Russia has emerged as the biggest supplier of Fertilizers to India in the first half of the 2022-23 financial year
• According to a report of the news agency Reuters the Russians offered its fertilizers to India at a steep discount
after the global fertilizer prices jumped during the Russia Ukraine war and western countries refused to buy Russian fertilizers.
• India’s fertilizer imports from Russia increased by 371% to a record 2.15 million tonnes in the first six months of the
year (April-September 2022).
• In the 2021/22 financial year Russia’s share in Indian imports was around 6%, while China was around 24%.