Current Affairs: 7th JANUARY 2023
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
Welcome to the ODISHA REGIONAL STUDY POINT Current Affairs website which provides you with the best compilation of the Daily Current Affairs 2023 taking place across the globe: National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, Banking, Economy, Agreement, Appointments, Ranks and Report and General Studies. ORSP has been a fantastic buddy in assisting you in reaching your full potential in terms of knowledge and learning by providing you with the top academic information.
ORSP is one of the most popular Current Affairs website in India for UPSC, SSC, Banking / IBPS, IAS, NTSE, Railways, NDA, CDS, Judiciary, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPSC, MPPSC, and other state civil services / government job recruitment examinations in India.
Current Affairs is a major part of the exams like UPSC, UPSC CSE, IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, UKPSC, APPSC, MPSC etc. Many Govt job aspirants have benefited from our Current Affairs website now it’s your turn. This is the best current affairs site to find recent updates on Daily Current Affairs not only for competitive exams but also for interviews and updated with the latest information happening in nation and around the world.
Let us have a look at Today’s Questions:-
1) As per the Supreme Court ruling in January 2023, which of the following fundamental rights can be enforced even against persons other than the State or its instrumentalities?
A. Article 19
B. Article 20
C. Article 21
D. Articles 19 and 21
The correct answer is Articles 19 and 21.
- The Supreme Court has ruled that a fundamental right under Article 19/21 can be enforced even against persons other than the State or its instrumentalities.
- It means that not just the state, but even private citizens can face challenges.
- Article 19 of the Constitution of India guarantees the right to freedom of speech and expression and is typically invoked against the state.
- Article 19(1) – All citizens shall have the right
(a) to freedom of speech and expression;
(b) to assemble peaceably and without arms;
(c) to form associations or unions;
(d) to move freely throughout the territory of India;
(e) to reside and settle in any part of the territory of India; and
(g) to practise any profession, or to carry on any occupation, trade or business
- Article 21 – No person shall be deprived of his life or personal liberty except according to procedure established by law.
2) In January 2023, which state has begun caste surveys in different parts of the State?
The correct answer is Bihar.
- The Bihar government has begun caste surveys in different parts of the State.
- Only castes, not sub- castes along with economic status of each family will be cataloged.
- The economic status of each family will be duly mentioned in the survey.
- The caste survey would help to take requisite measures for the upliftment of the deprived classes.
- Lok Sabha seats – 40.
- Rajya Sabha seats – 16.
- State Animal – Gaur.
- State Bird – House sparrow.
- National Park – Valmiki National Park
3)On January 5, 2023, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the state-of-the-art hockey stadium in which city?
The correct answer is Rourkela.
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the state-of-the-art hockey stadium in Rourkela on January 5, 2023.
- The stadium has been named after legendary freedom fighter Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
- The stadium is being reported as the world’s largest hockey stadium.
- The 2023 Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup, being hosted by Odisha for the second time, will also be played here.
- The stadium has been built at a cost of 261 crore rupees in a record time of 15 months.
- Along with the stadium, he also inaugurated the Hockey World Cup village which will house the teams of the upcoming hockey World Cup.
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
- Number of Districts – 30.
- State Animal – Sambar deer.
- State Bird – Indian roller.
- National Parks – Bhitarkanika National Park, Simlipal National Park.
- Dams – Indravati Dam (Indravati River), Hirakud Dam (Mahanadi River).
- Registered GI – Konark Stone Carving, Pattachitra, Ganjam Kewda Flower.
4)Which edition of the Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup will be held in Odisha from 13 to 29 January 2023?
The correct answer is 15th.
- The 2023 Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup will be the 15th edition of the Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup.
- This quadrennial world championship for men’s national field hockey teams is organized by the International Hockey Federation.
- It will be held at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar and at Birsa Munda International Hockey Stadium in Rourkela, India from 13 to 29 January 2023.
- The Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup is an international field hockey competition organised by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
- The tournament was started in 1971.
- Pakistan is the most successful team, having won the tournament four times.
- The Netherlands and Australia have each won three titles, and Germany has won two titles.
- Belgium and India have both won the tournament once.
5) Which country will host a special virtual Summit called ‘Voice of Global South Summit’ in January 2023?
The correct answer is India.
- India will host a special virtual Summit on 12-13 Jan 2023 called ‘Voice of Global South Summit’.
- The theme of the Summit is ‘Unity of Voice, Unity of Purpose.
- The summit is India’s attempt to provide a common platform to discuss concerns affecting developing countries.
- The initiative is inspired by PM Modi’s vision of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas… and the philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.
- As many as 120 countries will participate in the summit.
- Ten to 20 countries will be part of one session and two lead sessions will be hosted by Prime Minister.
6)Which of the following has launched low-smoke superior kerosene oil for Indian Army?
A. Coal India
B. Bharat Petroleum
D. Hindustan Petroleum
The correct answer is Bharat Petroleum.
- Bharat Petroleum has launched low-smoke superior kerosene oil for Indian Army.
- BPCL has emerged as 1st Oil Marketing company to commence the supply of new LSLA-grade SKO supplies to Army.
- Normal kerosene emits substantial smoke, which poses a health hazard to personnel who use it at higher altitudes, where oxygen level is very low.
- The low-smoke kerosene will provide cleaner fuel to soldiers.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited is an Indian central public sector undertaking under the ownership of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India.
- It operates three refineries in Bina, Kochi and Mumbai.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1952
7)Which bank has partnered with OPEN, to provide a fully native digital current account for its customers?
A. ICICI Bank
B. Axis Bank
C. Yes Bank
D. HDFC Bank
The correct answer is Axis Bank.
- Axis Bank has partnered with OPEN, to provide a fully native digital current account for its customers.
- This digital current account will help customers save time and effort, as the authentication process will be completely digital using PAN and Aadhaar followed by a Video KYC.
- This is Axis Bank’s first-ever partnership with a fintech player to launch a fully digital current account.
- The product is already live on OPEN’s website (www.open.money).
- With this account, customers can avail of 250+ banking services and claim up to 50% cash back through grab-deals.
- Open Financial Technologies Pvt Ltd is a digital banking fintech enterprise which was established in the year 2017.
- It runs SME neo-banking platform Open Money, embedded finance platform-Zwitch and enterprise digital banking platform for banks- BankingStack.
- Axis Bank:
- It was formerly known as UTI Bank.
- It sells financial services to large and mid-size companies, SMEs and retail businesses.
- It is headquartered in Mumbai.
- It was founded on 3 December 1993
8)Which of the following has issued a debt broker license to Fintech firm GoldenPi Technologies?
The correct answer is SEBI.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India has issued a debt broker license to Fintech firm GoldenPi Technologies.
- With the development, GoldenPi became the first online bond platform provider to receive a debt brokerage license.
- In 2022, SEBI made it compulsory for online debt trading platforms to obtain a certificate of registration as a stock broker under SEBI Regulations, 2021.
- SEBI is the regulator of the securities and commodity market in India owned by the Government of India.
- It was established on 12 April 1988.
- It is headquartered in Mumbai.
9) How many Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Labs in India will be turned into Global Centers of Research and Innovation in their fields of specialisation?
The correct answer is 37.
- All 37 Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Labs in India will be turned into Global Centers of Research and Innovation in their fields of specialisation.
- CSIR Labs spread across the country are dedicated to different exclusive areas of work.
- Each CSIR laboratory is unique in itself and specialises in diverse areas such as genomes to geology, food to fuels, etc.
- This was announced at the launch of “One Week One Lab” campaign in New Delhi.
- The 37 Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Labs spread across the country are dedicated to different exclusive areas of work.
- The “One week, One lab” campaign will offer an opportunity to these CSIR Labs to showcase the work being done by it so that others can avail of it.
- During the campaign each CSIR lab will organise week long events including industry and start-ups meet, students connect, society connect, display of technologies.
10)On 3 January 2023, Tamil Nadu Governor R N Ravi inaugurated the Octave 2023 festival in which city in Tamil Nadu?
The correct answer is Thanjavur.
- Tamil Nadu Governor R N Ravi on January 3, 2023, inaugurated the Octave 2023 festival in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
- The festival was held from 3rd January to 6th January 2023.
- Octave 2023 is a festival being held under the aegis of the South Zone Cultural Centre, Thanjavur, to showcase the indigenous art and culture of North East India.
- Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh are among the participating states in this festival being held under the aegis of the SZCC (South Zone Cultural Centre).
- Cultural programme will be staged on all days from 6.30 pm to 9.30 pm.
- Craft fair and food festival will be held from 5 pm to 9.30 pm.