Current Affairs: 8th DECEMBER 2022
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
Welcome to the ODISHA REGIONAL STUDY POINT Current Affairs website which provides you with the best compilation of the Daily Current Affairs 2022 taking place across the globe: National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, Banking, Economy, Agreement, Appointments, Ranks and Report and General Studies. ORSP has been a fantastic buddy in assisting you in reaching your full potential in terms of knowledge and learning by providing you with the top academic information.
ORSP is one of the most popular Current Affairs website in India for UPSC, SSC, Banking / IBPS, IAS, NTSE, Railways, NDA, CDS, Judiciary, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPSC, MPPSC, and other state civil services / government job recruitment examinations in India.
Current Affairs is a major part of the exams like UPSC, UPSC CSE, IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, UKPSC, APPSC, MPSC etc. Many Govt job aspirants have benefited from our Current Affairs website now it’s your turn. This is the best current affairs site to find recent updates on Daily Current Affairs not only for competitive exams but also for interviews and updated with the latest information happening in nation and around the world.
1) Who has attended the “Millets-Smart Nutritive Food Conclave” as chief guest in New Delhi?
A. Anurag Thakur
B. Piyush Goyal
C. Jitendra Singh
D. Nitin Gadkari
D. Bhupender Yadav
• The govt of India has organised the ‘Millets-Smart
Nutritive Food’ Conclave in New Delhi on December 5,
• This conclave is a pre-launch event of the International
Year of Millets – 2023.
• This event was organised by the Ministry of Commerce
and Industry through the Agricultural and Processed
Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).
• Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal
was the Chief Guest of the conclave.
• Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry
Anupriya Patel was the guest of honour at the conclave.
2) 11th edition of the Admiral’s Cup Regatta has been started in –
B. Tamil Nadu
• The 11th edition of the Admiral’s Cup Regatta will be held at the Ettikulam Bay in the Kannur district of Kerala from 610 December 2022.
• The Regatta is organised as a fleet race in a single crew Olympic class Laser Radial sailboat.
• Teams from 27 nations, including Australia, Germany, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, the UK, the USA, Japan, and Myanmar are participating in the annual sailing event.
• It is hosted by the Indian Naval Academy situated in Ezhimala, Kannur district of Kerala.
3) Who led the Indian delegation to the Global Space Summit in Abu Dhabi?
A. Jitendra Singh
B. G. Kishan Reddy
C. Rajnath Singh
D. Piyush Goyal
A. Jitendra Singh
• Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Atomic Energy and
• Space, led the Indian delegation to the Abu Dhabi Space Debate, which began in the United Arab Emirates on 5 December.
• He addressed the inaugural session along with Israeli President Isaac Herzog.
• UAE’s first nanosatellite – ‘Nayif-1’ meant for collecting environmental space data was launched by PSLV from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
4) Double-decker electric bus to be introduced on
January 2023 in –
C. New Delhi
• Double-decker electric bus to be introduced in
Mumbai from 14th January 2023 by The
Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport
• At least 10 double-decker buses will be planned
across the city.
• The transport authority also plans to start taxi
services with 500 electric vehicles by June 2023.
5) Cambridge Dictionary has declared which word as the “Word of the Year 2022”?
D. Climate strike
• Cambridge Dictionary has declared the word, “Homer” as the Word of the Year 2022.
• ‘Homer’ refers to a home run in the popular American sport Baseball.
• The word ”homer” was searched for nearly 75,000 times during the first week of May 2022 owing to it being an answer in Wordle.
• Cambridge Dictionary also saw other five-letter words surging in search in 2022 due to the “Wordle effect”. The American spelling of “humor” caused the second-highest spike in 2022, followed by “caulk”, “tacit”, and “bayou”, the third, fourth, and fifth place respectively.
6) Uttarakhand High Court will be shifted from
Nainital to –
• The Uttarakhand High Court will be shifted from Nainital to Haldwani.
• This decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami in Dehradun on 16th Nov 2022.
• The Centre has handed over a 45-acre area near Haldwani for the high court. On October 27, the Central government handed over 45 acres of HMT land in Ranibag, near Haldwani, to the state government for its possible use to benefit the people of the area.
7) Who has been appointed as new Chairman of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)?
A. Charan Singh
B. Vijay Srirangam
C. Arun Kumar Singh
D. Kishor Basa
C. Arun Kumar Singh
• BPCL’s former chairman Arun Kumar Singh has been appointed as new Chairman of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
• He will succeed Alka Mittal.
• Arun Kumar Singh has retired from BPCL after attaining the superannuation age in October 2022 and was already selected to head the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB).
• This will be the first time that a person aged over 60 will be heading a top PSU board-level position.
• ONGC is the India’s top oil and gas producer company.
9) Which state/UT is set to have “India’s first Dark Night Sky Reserve”?
B. Uttar Pradesh
• Ladakh is all set to have India’s first Dark Night Sky Reserve at Hanle in Changthang region.
• In about eighteen locations in Hanley, powerful telescopes will be installed for stargazing.
• Hanle is home for the 2nd highest optical telescope in the world, was established in 2001 by Indian Institute of Astrophysics.
10) Which metro project has created a Guinness World Record by constructing longest Double Decker Viaduct?
A. Kanpur Metro
B. Nagpur Metro
C. Kochi Metro
D. Lucknow Metro
B. Nagpur Metro
• Nagpur Metro has successfully created a Guinness World Record by constructing the longest doubledecker viaduct (metro) is 3,140 meters and was achieved by the Wardha Road in Nagpur.
• The double-decker viaduct of 3.14 km on Wardha Road has three metro stations – Chhatrapati Nagar, Jai Prakash Nagar and Ujjwal Nagar.
• A viaduct is a type of long bridge or series of bridges, usually supported by a series of arches or on spans between tall towers. The purpose of a viaduct is to carry a road or railway over water, a valley, or another road.