Current Affairs: 13th January 2023
Current Affairs: 13th JANUARY 2023
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
Welcome to the ODISHA REGIONAL STUDY POINT Current Affairs website which provides you with the best compilation of the Daily Current Affairs 2023 taking place across the globe: National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, Banking, Economy, Agreement, Appointments, Ranks and Report and General Studies. ORSP has been a fantastic buddy in assisting you in reaching your full potential in terms of knowledge and learning by providing you with the top academic information.
ORSP is one of the most popular Current Affairs website in India for UPSC, SSC, Banking / IBPS, IAS, NTSE, Railways, NDA, CDS, Judiciary, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPSC, MPPSC, and other state civil services / government job recruitment examinations in India.
Current Affairs is a major part of the exams like UPSC, UPSC CSE, IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, UKPSC, APPSC, MPSC etc. Many Govt job aspirants have benefited from our Current Affairs website now it’s your turn. This is the best current affairs site to find recent updates on Daily Current Affairs not only for competitive exams but also for interviews and updated with the latest information happening in nation and around the world.
Let us have a look at Today’s Questions:-
1)The World Bank in its January 2023 Global Economic Prospects Report, projected India’s economy to grow by how much percent in FY23?
The correct answer is 6.9%.
- The World Bank in its January 2023 Global Economic Prospects Report, projected India’s economy to grow 6.9 per cent in FY23.
- As per the report, India will be the fastest-growing economy among the seven largest emerging markets and developing economies (EMDEs) in 2023.
- The World Bank expects global growth to decelerate in 2023 to 1.7 percent from 3 percent.
- Growth in India is projected to slow from 8.7% in FY2021/22 to 6.9% in FY2022/23, the latter revised 0.6 percentage points lower since June.
- Additional Information
- Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
- President – David Malpass
- Comprises of – The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and The International Development Association
2)Who was honored with a lifetime achievement award at the 15th Edition of the Jaipur International Film Festival on 11 January 2023?
A. Aparna Sen
B. Ambikasuthan Mangad
C. Prabhu Chandra Mishra
D. Shalini Kumari
The correct answer is Aparna Sen.
- Aparna Sen was honoured with a lifetime achievement award at the 15th Edition of the Jaipur International Film Festival on 11 January 2023.
- Key Points
- Aparna Sen debuted in Satyajit Ray’s Teen Kanya in 1961.
- She is a Director & actress who also works in Bengali cinema and received nine National Film Awards.
- The Indian government has honoured Aparna Sen with Padma Shri in 1986.
Recent Awards and Honours:
- Writer Ambikasuthan Mangad has been selected for Odakuzhal Award 2022 for his collection of short stories titled Pranavayu.
- Prabhu Chandra Mishra was awarded Atal Samman Award for his excellence in field of science & research on 27 December 2022.
- Shalini Kumari from India received first prize in the Grassroots Innovation Competition at the 3rd ASEAN India Grassroots Innovation forum for her innovation ‘Modified walker with adjustable legs’ on 22 December 2022.
3)Who will participate in the inaugural air exercise Veer Guardian 2023?
A. Bhawana Kanth
B. Avani Chaturvedi
C. Shivangi Singh
D. Mohana Singh Jitarwal
The correct answer is Avani Chaturvedi.
- First female fighter pilot, squadron commander Avani Chaturvedi, will participate in the inaugural air exercise Veer Guardian 2023.
- The exercise aims to improve air defence cooperation between Japan and India.
- For the first time, an Indian Air Force (IAF) female fighter pilot will participate in aerial war games.
- Japan will host the exercise at the Hyakuri Air Base in January 2023.
- The Indian contingent will consist of 139 personnel including a woman medical officer.
- IAF will participate with four Su-30 MKI, two C-17 Globemasters & an IL-78 tanker.
- The JASDF will be participating with four F-2 and four F-15 fighter jet.
- Additional Information
Some Military Exercises of India:
4)Which of the following payment apps was launched in January 2023?
The correct answer is PayRup.
- India’s fastest payment app ‘PayRup’ was launched in January 2023.
- PayRup is built with the cutting-edge technology of web 3.0.
- PayRup ensures the 5 dimensions of service quality and follows SERVQUAL standards to provide the best service experience.
- In January 2023, PayRup announced ticketing and booking services.
- The launching event was hosted in Bangalore and was launched by Mahadevappa Halagatti.
- PayRup users can pay utility bills and landline bills, recharge their mobile, broadband, DTH, and purchase Gift Cards.
- PayRup services are planned to expand across various financial instruments, including multiple payment services such as school fees, pay rent, and other payment collection services.
- PayRup opens 24/7 customer care facilities for help and support for users.
5) Meta announced the appointment of whom as the director of global business group in India in January 2023?
A. Sundararaman Ramamurthy
B. Vikas Purohit
C. Ajit Kumar Saxena
D. G Kamala Vardhana Rao
The correct answer is Vikas Purohit.
- Meta announced the appointment of former Tata CLiQ CEO Vikas Purohit as the director of global business group in India in January 2023.
- Purohit will lead Meta’s strategic relationship with various brands and agencies to boost the adoption of digital tools for revenue growth of India’s business.
- In FY22, Meta India’s gross ad revenues rose 74% YoY to Rs 16,189 crore.
- Bombay Stock Exchange has appointed Sundararaman Ramamurthy as MD and CEO.
- Ajit Kumar Saxena assumed the charge of Chairman-Cum-Managing Director of the public sector enterprise MOIL Limited on 30 December 2022.
- G Kamala Vardhana Rao was appointed the chief executive officer (CEO) of the Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) on 29 December 2022.
6)Hugo Lloris announced his retirement at the age of 36 on 9 January 2023. He is associated with which of the following sports?
The correct answer is Football.
- France team captain Hugo Lloris announced his retirement from international football at the age of 36 on 9 January 2023.
- He took this decision three weeks after losing the final against Argentina in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Lloris made his international debut in November 2008 at the age of 21 in a friendly match against Uruguay.
- He is also the most capped player for France in the World Cup.
Persons in News:
- Gareth Bale announced his retirement from professional football on 9 January 2023.
- Indian-origin Manpreet Monica Singh became the first female Sikh judge in the US in January 2023.
- Nityanand Rai will head a committee formed by Home Ministry to discuss land and employment safeguards for Ladakh.
- Beth Mead has been awarded the BBC Sports Personality of the Year for 2022 in December 2022.
7)Herbalife Nutrition has appointed whom as a ‘nutrition sponsor’ in January 2023?
A. Anushka Sharma
B. Sourav Ganguly
C. Neeraj Chopra
D. Smriti Mandhana
The correct answer is Smriti Mandhana.
- Herbalife Nutrition appointed Smriti Mandhana as a ‘nutrition sponsor’ in January 2023.
- Currently, she is the vice-captain of the Indian women’s national cricket team.
- Herbalife Nutrition has signed over 100 sponsorship deals with various world-class athletes.
- Many Indian athletes like Virat Kohli, Mary Kom, Lakshya Sen, and Manika Batra have partnered up with Herbalife Nutrition.
Recent Appointment of Ambassadors:
- Puma India has roped in Bollywood actor and entrepreneur Anushka Sharma as its new brand ambassador in December 2022.
- DreamSetGo, a sports experiences and travel platform, has announced Sourav Ganguly as its first brand ambassador.
- Coca-Cola has signed Olympic gold medalist Neeraj Chopra for Limca Sportz promotion.
8) Consider the following statements:
1. According to the latest Henley Passport Index, Japan has retained its position as the most powerful passport in the world.
2. India is ranked 80th on the index.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
A. Only 1
B. Only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
The correct answer is Only 1.
- According to the latest Henley Passport Index, Japan has retained its position as the most powerful passport in the world, which allows visa-free entry to 193 global destinations in 2023.
- Japan is at the top for the fifth year in a row.
India, improved its position by two spots from last year and is currently ranked 85th on the index.
- Thus, statement 2 is incorrect.
- Singapore and South Korea are joint 2nd in ranking.
- As per the report, the US features among the top 22, with visa-free access to 186 places, matching the likes of Switzerland, New Zealand and Norway.
- China’s passport allows access to 80, the same as Bolivia’s.
- Russia’s is better, providing hassle-free entry to 118 destinations, while Afghanistan’s remained the weakest, with access to just 27 countries.
- Meanwhile, in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, India ranked at 82nd spot, 84th, 85th and 83rd respectively.
9)When is National Youth Day celebrated in India every year?
A. 10 January
B. 11 January
C. 12 January
D. 13 January
The correct answer is 12 January.
- National Youth Day is celebrated in India every year on January 12.
- The day is celebrated to mark the birthday of Swami Vivekananda.
- It was in the year 1984 when the Government of India declared this day as National Youth Day National and the nation is observing it every year since 1985.
- The theme for the year 2023 is “Viksit Yuva – Viksit Bharat (Developed Youth – Developed India)”.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to inaugurate National Youth Festival in Karnataka on January 12, 2023.
- This would be the 26th National Youth Festival of India.
- The festival will be kicked off by PM Modi in Hubbali district of the Southern State
10)Rose Christiane Ossouka Raponda has been appointed as the Vice President of which country?
The correct answer is Gabon.
- Gabon’s President Ali Bongo on 9 January 2023 appointed the country’s first female Prime Minister Rose Christiane Ossouka Raponda to the role of vice-president.
- Former minister, Alain-Claude Bilie-By-Nze, will replace Ossouka Raponda and form a new government in the Country.
- Ossouka Raponda was named budget minister in 2012, becoming the first woman to hold that position since 1956.
- Capital – Libreville
- Currency – Central African CFA franc
- Capital – Belgrade
- Currency – Serbian dinar
- Capital – Dakar
- Currency – West African CFA Franc
- Capital – Tripoli
- Currency – Libyan Dinar
Please Log in Before Quiz (Log in Link is in Top Menu)