| Today Current Affairs | 18th February 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1.Who among the followings has been awarded Assam’s highest civilian award ‘Assam Baibhav’ in February 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କିଏ ଆସାମର ସର୍ବୋଚ୍ଚ ନାଗରିକ ପୁରସ୍କାର ‘ଆସାମ ଭ ib ବବ’ ପୁରସ୍କାର ପାଇଛି?
- ‘Ratan Tata’
- ‘ Mukesh Ambani’
- ‘ NR Narayana Murthy’
- ‘ Adi Godrej ‘
The correct answer is Ratan Tata.
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma (As of Feb 2022) conferred the state’s highest civilian award ‘Assam Baibhav’ to Tata Trust’s Chairman Ratan Tata in Mumbai on 16 Feb 2022.
- He has been awarded for his exceptional contribution towards furthering cancer care in Assam.
- The award carries a citation, a medal and a cash amount of Rs five lakh.
- The award was supposed to be given earlier on Jan 24, 2022.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $112 million loan to strengthen skills education and training through the establishment of the Assam Skill University (ASU).
- Lachit Divas (Lachit Day) is celebrated annually in the Indian state of Assam on November 24, to mark the birth anniversary of the legendary Ahom army general Lachit Borphukan.
- Bandhan Bank has announced Popular Assamese & Bollywood singer Zubeen Garg as the brand ambassador for the Bank in
- Assam Governor: Jagdish Mukhi (As of Jan 2022).
- Assam Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma (As of Jan 2022).
- Assam has set up a tea Park at Chayygaon in Kamrup District.
- The Assam cabinet has decided to remove the name of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi from the Orang National Park in October 2021.
2.Which of the following National Policy has been launched by the central government on 17 February 2022?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ଜାତୀୟ ନୀତି ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି କେନ୍ଦ୍ର ସରକାର 17 ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଆରମ୍ଭ କରିଛନ୍ତି?
- ‘National Hydrogen Policy’
- ‘ National Education Policy’
- ‘ National Vehicle Policy’
- ‘ National Health Policy’
The correct answer is National Hydrogen Policy.
- India will launch the first part of the National Hydrogen Policy on 17 February 2022.
- The policy is aimed at boosting green hydrogen production in the country.
- The first part of the policy would include components that would be implemented by the government immediately and the second part is currently with the Expenditure Finance Committee.
- Adani Group has set up a new subsidiary, ANIL (Adani New Industries Ltd.) to undertake green hydrogen projects.
- Adani Group will invest $70 bn in the new energy space of the next decade.
- India and Denmark have agreed to initiate joint research and development on green fuels including green hydrogen.
- The Joint Science and Technology Committee meeting was held in January 2022 to discuss national strategic priorities and developments in science, technology, and innovation in both countries.
- India and Australia have signed a letter of intent (LoI) on new and renewable energy technology aimed at scaling up manufacturing and deployment of ultra-low-cost solar and clean hydrogen.
- The LoI was signed during the 4th India – Australia Energy Dialogue held on Tuesday, Feb 15, 2022.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has released a draft National Air Sports Policy (NASP) for public feedback on 03 Jan, 22.
- The policy seeks to leverage India’s potential for air sports and places a strong focus on ensuring international best practices in safety.
- The vision of the policy is to make India one of the top air sports nations by 2030.
- Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia (As of Feb 2022) is the Minister of Civil Aviation of the Government of India.
3.Who among the followings has been nominated by the central government as the Director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India in February 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ରିଜର୍ଭ ବ୍ୟାଙ୍କର ସେଣ୍ଟ୍ରାଲ ବୋର୍ଡର ନିର୍ଦ୍ଦେଶକ ଭାବରେ ନିମ୍ନ ସରକାରଙ୍କ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କିଏ କେନ୍ଦ୍ର ସରକାରଙ୍କୁ ମନୋନୀତ କରିଛନ୍ତି?
- ‘Sanjay Malhotra’
- ‘ Vijay Behal’
- ‘ Satish Gupta ‘
- ‘ Ravindra Soni’
The correct answer is Sanjay Malhotra.
- The central government has nominated Sanjay Malhotra (As of Feb 2022) as a Director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India.
- He is currently serving as the Secretary of the Department of Financial Services.
- His nomination is effective from February 16, 2022.
- Malhotra, a 1990-batch lAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, was serving as Chairman and Managing Director, REC Ltd.
- RBI has selected “Go Digital, Go Secure” as the theme for Financial Literacy Week 2022.
- This theme is one of the strategic objectives of the National Strategy for Financial Education 2020-2025.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Feb 10, 2022, proposed to extend the Rs 50,000 crore on-tap liquidity window for emergency healthcare services till June 30, 2022.
- About RBI:
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikanta Das (As of Feb 2022).
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai;
- RBI Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
- RBI had introduced the liquidity window at the repo rate with tenors of up to three years on May 5, 21.
- It has been introduced to provide immediate capital for ramping up Covid-19 related healthcare infrastructure and services.
- Digital payment transactions reported a 40% year-on-year jump as of September 2021, as per the RBI’s latest index.
- The newly constituted RBI’s digital payment index (RBI-DPI) stood at 304.06 during September 2021 as against 270.59 in March 2021 and 217.74 in September 2020.
4.Which of the following country has signed a Work Plan 2022 with India to to strengthen quality infrastructure and strengthen consumer protection?
‘ଗୁଣାତ୍ମକ ଭିତ୍ତିଭୂମି ସୁଦୃ and ଼ କରିବା ଏବଂ ଗ୍ରାହକମାନଙ୍କ ସୁରକ୍ଷାକୁ ମଜବୁତ କରିବା ପାଇଁ ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ଦେଶ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ଭାରତ ସହିତ ଏକ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟ ଯୋଜନା 2022 ସ୍ୱାକ୍ଷର କରିଛି?
- ‘ France’
- ‘ Malaysia’
- ‘ Singapore’
The correct answer is Germany.
- The 8th Annual Meeting of the Indo-German Working Group on Quality Infrastructure was held virtually on 16 February 2022.
- Both signed Work Plan 2022 for cooperation to strengthen quality infrastructure, reduce technical barriers to trade, enhance product safety and strengthen consumer protection.
- A publication ‘United in Quality and Safety was also released.
- Frank-Walter Steinmeier (As of Feb 2022) was elected to a second term as Germany’s President on 13 February 2022.
- He has been serving as the President since 2017.
- German rail operator, Deutsche Bahn, and industrial group,
- Siemens launched the first automated & driverless train in the world.
- Germany has unveiled the logo for soccer’s 2024 European Championship during a ceremony with a light show in the stadium that will hold the final.
- The Indian Navy and the German Navy carried out a joint exercise in the Gulf of Aden near Yemen, in the Indian Ocean leg of Indo-Pacific Deployment 2021.
- Germany Capital: Berlin;
- Germany Currency: Euro;
- Germany President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier; (as of Feb 2022)
- Germany Chancellor: Olaf Scholz (as of Feb 2022)
5.Who delivered the inaugural address at the Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) World Sustainable Development Summit via video message in Feb 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଭିଡିଓ ବାର୍ତ୍ତା ମାଧ୍ୟମରେ ଶକ୍ତି ଏବଂ ସମ୍ବଳ ପ୍ରତିଷ୍ଠାନର (TERI) ବିଶ୍ୱ ସ୍ଥାୟୀ ବିକାଶ ସମ୍ମିଳନୀରେ ଉଦ୍ଘାଟନୀ ଠିକଣା କିଏ ପ୍ରଦାନ କଲା?
- ‘Jyotiraditya Scindia’
- ‘ Narendra Modi’
- ‘ Hardeep Singh Puri’
- ‘ Anurag Thakur’
The correct answer is Narendra Modi.
- PM Narendra Modi delivered the inaugural address at The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) World Sustainable Development Summit via video message on 16 Feb 2022.
- The summit is TERI’s annual flagship event and the theme for 2022 is ‘Towards a Resilient Planet: Ensuring a Sustainable and Equitable Future’.
- The 3-day summit will be attended by Presidents of Dominican Republic, Guyana, etc.
- The summit will discuss a wide range of issues including climate change, sustainable production, energy transitions, global commons and resource security.
- The Energy and Resources Institute is a research institute that specializes in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development.
- It was established in 1974.
- It was formerly known as the Tata Energy Research Institute.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi.