| Today Current Affairs | 17th February 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1.India and __________ have signed a letter of intent (LoI) on new and renewable energy technology in February 2022.
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଭାରତ ଏବଂ __________ ନୂତନ ଏବଂ ଅକ୍ଷୟ ଶକ୍ତି ପ୍ରଯୁକ୍ତିବିଦ୍ୟା ଉପରେ ଏକ ଚିଠି (LoI) ସ୍ୱାକ୍ଷର କରିଛନ୍ତି |
- ‘ Japan’
- ‘ Malaysia’
- ‘ Singapore’
The correct answer is Australia.
- India and Australia have signed a letter of intent (LoI) on new and renewable energy technology aimed at scaling up manufacturing and deployment of ultra-low-cost solar and clean hydrogen.
- The LoI was signed during the 4th India – Australia Energy Dialogue held on Tuesday, Feb 15, 2022.
- The LoI will pave the way for working towards reducing the cost of new and
renewable energy technologies.
- India and Australia have signed an MoU to promote tourism.
- The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal (As of Feb 2022) and Australian Minister of Trade, Tourism, and Investment, Dan Tehan signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 11 Feb 2022.
- Japan and Australia signed a defence agreement that allows closer cooperation between their militaries and stands as a rebuke to China’s growing assertiveness in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Australia officially became a part of the new Nuclear Powered Submarine defence alliance with the United Kingdom and the United States after signing a deal with the countries in Canberra, Australia.
- Australian tennis player Ashleigh Barty defeated American Danielle Collins to win the Australian Open women’s title on 29 January 2022.
2.Which of the following country’s Chief of Armed Forces has arrived in India on 14 February 2022?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ଦେଶର କେଉଁ ସଶସ୍ତ୍ର ବାହିନୀ 14 ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଭାରତରେ ପହଞ୍ଚିଛନ୍ତି?
- ‘Saudi Arabia’
- ‘ Yemen’
- ‘ Oman’
- ‘ Iran’
The correct answer is Saudi Arabia.
- The Commander of the Royal Saudi Land Forces, Lieutenant General Fahd Bin Abdullah Mohammed Al-Mutair, arrived in India on 14 February 2022.
- This is the first-ever visit by a serving Royal Saudi Land Forces Commander to India.
- General MM Naravane (As of Feb 2022) had visited Saudi Arabia in December 2020 in a historic visit which marked the first time that an Indian Army Chief had visited Saudi Arabia.
- India and Saudi Arabia have conducted their first-ever naval exercise Al-Mohed AlHindi in August 2021.
- Saudi Arabia Capital: Riyadh;
- Saudi Arabia Currency: Saudi riyal.
- The 2030 Asian Games were awarded to Doha, Qatar and the 2034 Asian Games event went to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
3.Which of the following will set up a world-class wrestling academy at Kishanganj, Delhi at an estimated cost of Rs 30.76 crores?
ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି 30.76 କୋଟି ଟଙ୍କା ମୂଲ୍ୟରେ ଦିଲ୍ଲୀର କିଶାନଗଞ୍ଜରେ ବିଶ୍ୱ ସ୍ତରୀୟ କୁସ୍ତି ଏକାଡେମୀ ପ୍ରତିଷ୍ଠା କରିବ?
- ‘Ministry of Home Affairs
- ‘ Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports’
- ‘ Ministry of Railways’
- ‘ Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’
The correct answer is Ministry of Railways.
- The Railway Ministry will set up a world-class wrestling academy.
Work has been sanctioned to establish the same at Kishanganj, Delhi at an estimated cost of Rs 30.76 crores.
- It will be the biggest in India, equipped with advanced training facilities.
- It will provide an opportunity for budding wrestlers to become champions.
- This was announced by Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav.
- Railways has played a key role in promoting wrestling in the country and most of the elite wrestlers in India are from Indian Railways.
- In Olympics, most of the medals won in wrestling by India were from Indian RailwaysSushil (in 2008 and 2012), Sakshi Malik (in 2016), Ravi Kumar and Bajrang (in 2020).
- In Tokyo Olympic 2020, the performance of sportspersons from Indian Railways have been phenomenal and out of seven medals won by India, two players were from Indian Railways.
- Sportspersons from Indian Railways have been honoured with 27 Padamshree, 176 Arjuna awards, 14 Dronacharya awards, 12 Dhyanchand awards as well as 9 Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna awards for their outstanding sports achievements.
4.On 14 February 2022, the Prime Minister of which country invoked the Emergencies Act for the first time in 50 years?
‘14 ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ, କେଉଁ ଦେଶର ପ୍ରଧାନମନ୍ତ୍ରୀ 50 ବର୍ଷ ମଧ୍ୟରେ ପ୍ରଥମ ଥର ପାଇଁ ଜରୁରୀକାଳୀନ ଆଇନ ପ୍ରଣୟନ କରିଥିଲେ?
- ‘ Germany’
- ‘ Canada’
- ‘ France’
The correct answer is Canada.
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau on 14 February 2022, invoked the Emergencies Act for the first time in 50 years.
- It was done to give the federal government extra powers to handle ongoing truckers blockades and protests against the Covid-19 pandemic mandates.
- The Act gives special powers to respond to emergency scenarios affecting public welfare (natural disasters, disease outbreaks), public order, etc.
- Invoking the act will also allow the government to make sure that essential services — such as towing services to remove trucks — are rendered.
- The act also permits the federal government to direct financial institutions to render essential services to address the situation, and to prohibit the use of the property to fund or support illegal blockades.
- The act also will enable the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) to enforce municipal bylaws and provincial offenses where required.
- The Act grants the cabinet the ability to “take special temporary measures that may not be appropriate in normal times” to cope with an “urgent and critical situation” and the resulting fallout.
- cOUNTRY – Canada:
- Capital – Ottawa.
- Currency – Canadian dollar.
5.Who has been posted as Gurugram’s first woman police commissioner in February 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଗୁରୁଗ୍ରାମର ପ୍ରଥମ ମହିଳା ପୋଲିସ କମିଶନର ଭାବେ କିଏ ପୋଷ୍ଟ କରାଯାଇଛି?
- ‘Sanjukta Parashar’
- ‘ Subhashini Sankaran’
- ‘ Sangeeta Kalia’
- ‘ Kala Ramachandran’
The correct answer is Kala Ramachandran.
- Haryana-cadre IPS officer Kala Ramachandran was posted as Gurugram’s first woman police commissioner on 15 February 2022.
- The 1994-batch IPS officer has succeeded KK Rao who has been transferred to the Centre for Police Training and Research at Bhondsi near Gurugram.
- Ramachandran has worked earlier as superintendent of police in Rewari, Fatehabad, and Panchkula districts.
- She earlier headed the North Eastern Police Academy in Meghalaya from 2017 to 2020.
- She returned to her home cadre in August 2020 and served as additional director general of police of Crime Against Women Cell and Vigilance at Haryana police headquarters besides the principal secretary of transport.
- Lok Sabha seats – 10.
- Rajya Sabha seats – 5.
- State Animal – Blackbuck.
- State Bird – Black francolin.
- National Parks – Kalesar National Park, Sultanpur National Park.
- Dams – Kaushalya Dam (Kaushalya River), Ottu barrage (Ghaggar River), Anagpur Dam (Hakra River).