| Today Current Affairs | 8th February 2022 |
| Today Current Affairs | 8th February 2022 |
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
1. Which of the following cricket team in the world has become the first team to play 1000th One Day Internationals (ODIs) cricket match in February 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ବିଶ୍ th ର ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ କ୍ରିକେଟ୍ ଦଳ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ 1000 ତମ ୱାନ ଡେ ଇଣ୍ଟରନ୍ୟାସନାଲ୍ (ODI) କ୍ରିକେଟ୍ ମ୍ୟାଚ୍ ଖେଳିଥିବା ପ୍ରଥମ ଦଳ ହୋଇପାରିଛି କି?
- ‘ Australia’
- ‘ England’
- ‘ Sri Lanka’
The correct answer is India.
- The Indian cricket team created history on February 06 by becoming the first side in the world to complete the milestone of 1,000 ODIs.
- The team has two ODI World Cups and a T20 World Cup to their name.
- India has 519 wins in the 1000 ODI matches that they have played so far.
- Australia has the second most, 958 ODI matches so far.
- Important Current Affairs related to Cricket in 2021-22:
To promote women’s empowerment, Legends League Cricket (LLC) has
appointed cricketer Jhulan Goswami as an ambassador.
- India has won the U-19 Asia Cricket Cup 2021 held in Dubai, UAE in December 2021.
- South African wicket-keeper Quinton de Kock announced retirement from Test cricket on 30 December 2021.
- India has become the first Asian team to win a Test match at Centurion after
beating South Africa by 113-run.
- Rishabh Pant has become the fastest Indian wicket-keeper to reach 100
dismissals in Test cricket.
- He achieved this feat against South Africa in Centurion on Dec 28, 2021.
- Mohammed Shami has become the fifth Indian pacer to take 200 Test wickets.
- In December 2021, Rishabh Pant has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has appointed Geoff Allardice as the
permanent CEO of the International Cricket governing body in November 2021.
- ICC Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- ICC Founded: 15 June 1909
- ICC Deputy Chairman: Imran Khwaja (As of Jan 2022).
- ICC Chairman: Greg Barclay (As of Jan 2022).
- In December 2021, the Board of Control for Cricket in India ( BCCI) has formed a committee for the differently-abled cricketers of the country.
- Harbhajan Singh has announced retirement from all forms of cricket in December 2021.
- He was the 1st Indian Cricketer to take Hat-trick wickets in Test Cricket
2. In which of the following states, Central government has decided to install 4,000 telecom towers in 2022?
‘ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ରାଜ୍ୟଗୁଡିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟିରେ କେନ୍ଦ୍ର ସରକାର 2022 ମସିହାରେ 4,000 ଟେଲିକମ୍ ଟାୱାର ସ୍ଥାପନ କରିବାକୁ ନିଷ୍ପତ୍ତି ନେଇଛନ୍ତି?
- ‘ Karnataka ‘
- ‘ Uttar Pradesh’
- ‘ Assam’
The correct answer is Odisha.
- Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw on February 6, 2022, said around 4,000 mobile towers will be installed across Odisha to ensure that villages get access to internet connectivity.
- An allocation of ₹9,734 crores has been made for Odisha for the 2022-23 fiscal.
- 6,000 villages in the State remain out of mobile network Therefore, it has been decided to install 3,933 mobile towers.
- Important Current Affairs based on Odisha in 2021-22:
The Central government has allocated Rs 3,323 crore to Odisha for the Jal Jeevan Mission on 1 Jan 2022.
- The central grant to Odisha under the Mission in the year 2021-22 has been
increased fourfold than in 2020-21.
- On Karthika Purnima, which is also known as Boita Bandana is celebrated at various water bodies of Odisha.
- The state government of Odisha has launched a first-of-its-kind road safety
initiative named Rakshak, to train first responders of road accidents.
- Under the program, 300 master trainers will train 30,000 local people
Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik (As of Feb 2022) has inaugurated the state’s longest bridge, ‘T-Setu’, built over the Mahanadi River in Cuttack District, Odisha in December 2021.
- Odisha partnered with United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) to launch “Mission Shakti Living Lab” for the financial empowerment of women in December 2021.
- UN Capital Development Fund:
- Founded: 1966;
- Headquarters: New York, United States;
- Executive Secretary: Preeti Sinha (As of Feb 2022).
- Cyclone Jawad has hit the north Andhra Pradesh, south Odisha coasts, and
Some parts of West Bengal in December 2021.
3.Which of the following aircrafts will be showcasing its flying skills at the Singapore Airshow 2022 being held in February 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଅନୁଷ୍ଠିତ ସିଙ୍ଗାପୁର ଏୟାରଶୋ 2022 ରେ ନିମ୍ନଲିଖିତ ବିମାନଗୁଡ଼ିକ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ଏହାର ଉଡ଼ାଣ କ skills ଶଳ ପ୍ରଦର୍ଶନ କରିବ?
- ‘ Sukhoi Su-30’
- ‘ Tejas’
- ‘ MiG-29 ‘
The correct answer is Tejas.
- The Indian Air Force’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas will be showcasing its flying skills at the Singapore Airshow 2022 being held from February 15 to 18.
- The airshow will have eight flying displays and flypasts from four air forces and two commercial companies.
- Apart from the IAF LCA, the U.S. military, the Indonesian Aerobatic Team and the Singapore Air Force will put up airshows.
- Tejas is a single-engine and highly agile multi-role supersonic fighter aircraft capable of operating in high-threat air environments.
- It is manufactured by State-run aerospace giant Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
- The aircraft is a potent platform for air combat and offensive air support missions while reconnaissance and anti-ship operations are its secondary roles.
- The Tejas is the second supersonic fighter developed by HAL after the HAL HF-24 Marut.
4. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand in February 2022?
‘ଫେବୃଆରୀ 2022 ରେ ଉତ୍ତରାଖଣ୍ଡର ବ୍ରାଣ୍ଡ ଆମ୍ବାସାଡର ଭାବେ କିଏ ନିଯୁକ୍ତ ହୋଇଛନ୍ତି?
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan ‘
- ‘ Akshay Kumar ‘
- ‘ Hrithik Roshan ‘
- ‘ Saif Ali Khan’
The correct answer is Akshay Kumar.
- Actor Akshay Kumar has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand on 7 February 2022.
- CM Dhami presented Akshay with a traditional cap of the state, a shawl, and a painting of all the gates of the four pilgrimage sites — Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri.
- Before Akshay Kumar, cricketer Rishabh Pant was also appointed as Uttarakhand’s brand ambassador in December 2021.
- Recent Appointment of Ambassadors:
Bata India Limited has on-boarded actress Disha Patani as the new brand
- Plant-based meat company GoodDot has signed up Olympics gold medallist
Neeraj Chopra as its brand ambassador.
- Bengaluru-based fintech firm Kinara Capital has signed Indian cricketer Ravindra Jadeja as its brand ambassador.
- Naomi Kawase was appointed a UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador.
- Smriti Mandhana has been appointed as brand ambassador for GUVI.
- State Animal – Alpine musk deer.
- State Bird – Himalayan monal.
- Registered GI – Uttarakhand Tejpat.
- National Parks – Corbett National Park, Gangotri National Park, Govind National Park, Nanda Devi National Park, Rajaji National Park, Valley of Flowers National Park.
5. Who among the followings has been nominated for the 2022 Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award?
‘2022 ଲ aur ରେସ୍ ୱାର୍ଲ୍ଡ ବ୍ରେକ୍ଥ୍ରୁ ଅଫ୍ ଦି ଇୟର ପୁରସ୍କାର ପାଇଁ ନିମ୍ନ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କିଏ ମନୋନୀତ ହୋଇଛି?
- ‘Neeraj Chopra’
- ‘ Virat Kohli’
- ‘ PR Sreejesh ‘
- ‘ Mithali Raj ‘
The correct answer is Neeraj Chopra.
- Neeraj Chopra, India’s first-ever winner of an Olympic athletics gold medal, has been nominated for the 2022 Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award.
- He has been clubbed alongside tennis stars Daniil Medvedev and Emma Raducanu among others in the shortlist.
- He is now only the third Indian to fetch a Laureus nomination after cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and wrestler Vinesh Phogat.
- Important Current Affairs are related to Sports in 2022.
- The first-ever Kerala Olympic Games, slated to be held in mid-February,
have been rescheduled for May.
- The mascot of the Games- Neeraj (rabbit) was unveiled in December 2021 in
honour of Neeraj Chopra.
- Unnati Hooda has won the women’s singles title at the 2022 Odisha Open
- Indian men’s hockey player PR Sreejesh has won the World Games Athlete of the Year award for 2021.
- Argentina has won its 6th women’s field hockey championship title at the 2022 Women’s Pan American Cup.
- Rafael Nadal (Spain) has won the Men’s Singles title at the Australian Open 2022.
- The winner’s list of Australian Open Tennis Title 2022:
- Men’s Singles– Rafael Nadal
- Women’s Singles – Ashleigh Barty
- Men’s Doubles– Thanasi Kokkinakis and Nick Kyrgios
- Women’s Doubles — Barbora Krejčíková and Kateřina Siniaková
- Mixed Doubles — Kristina Mladenovic and Ivan Dodig
Please Log in Before Quiz (Log in Link is in Top Menu)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31