Current Affairs: 27th JANUARY 2023
Odisha Regional Study Point
We Allow the best exam preparation for SSC, RAILWAY ,BANKING, OSSC COMBINED EXAM ,CT,BED,OTET, OSSTET,ASO,RI,AMIN, DECE(IGNOU) In ଓଡ଼ିଆ Language…
Welcome to the ODISHA REGIONAL STUDY POINT Current Affairs website which provides you with the best compilation of the Daily Current Affairs 2023 taking place across the globe: National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, Banking, Economy, Agreement, Appointments, Ranks and Report and General Studies. ORSP has been a fantastic buddy in assisting you in reaching your full potential in terms of knowledge and learning by providing you with the top academic information.
ORSP is one of the most popular Current Affairs website in India for UPSC, SSC, Banking / IBPS, IAS, NTSE, Railways, NDA, CDS, Judiciary, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPSC, MPPSC, and other state civil services / government job recruitment examinations in India.
Current Affairs is a major part of the exams like UPSC, UPSC CSE, IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, UKPSC, APPSC, MPSC etc. Many Govt job aspirants have benefited from our Current Affairs website now it’s your turn. This is the best current affairs site to find recent updates on Daily Current Affairs not only for competitive exams but also for interviews and updated with the latest information happening in nation and around the world.
Let us have a look at Today’s Questions:-
1)Who felicitated the 25 winners of Veer Gatha 2.0 at an event organised in New Delhi on 25 January 2023?
A. Narendra Modi
B. Piyush Goyal
C. Hardeep Singh Puri
D. Rajnath Singh
The correct answer is Rajnath Singh.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh felicitated the 25 winners of Veer Gatha 2.0 at an event organised in New Delhi on 25 January 2023.
- Veer Gatha 2.0 was jointly initiated by the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Education as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The contest aims to inspire school children, by making them aware of stories of war heroes and brave hearts.
- He gave away the winners a cash prize of Rs 10,000, a medal and a certificate.
- Over 100 NCC cadets and students from Army Public Schools & Cantonment Boards were in attendance, with students and teachers from over 500 schools joining virtually.
- This year the number of entries has crossed 19 lakhs as compared to eight lakhs last year.
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt also attended the event.
2)President Droupadi Murmu approved Tatrakshak Medals to how many Indian Coast Guard personnel on 25 January 2023?
The correct answer is 6.
- President Droupadi Murmu approved Tatrakshak Medals to six Indian Coast Guard personnel on 25 January 2023.
- These awards are given on the occasion of Republic Day and Independence Day every year, since January 26, 1990.
- IG Anand Prakash Badola is given Tatrakshak Medal (Gallantry).
- Comdt Durgesh Chandra Tiwari & Mohit Kumar Yadav are given Tatrakshak Medal (Meritorious Service).
- Tatrakshak Medal (Meritorious Service) is given to DIG HimanshuNautiyal.
- The President’s Tatrakshak Medal is an Indian military decoration, awarded for selfless devotion, and distinguished and meritorious service in Indian Coast Guard.
- It is being presented to the Indian Armed Forces since January 26, 1990, a few years later the Constitution of India came into existence.
- The President’s Tatrakshak Medal (PTM) is given by the President of India while Tatrakshak Medal (TM) is generally given by the Defense Minister of India.
3)The Union Ministry of Home Affairs announced how many names for Padma Vibhushan on 25 January 2023?
The correct answer is 6.
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs announced the Padma Awards on 25 January 2023.
- The Government announced six names for Padma Vibhushan, nine for Padma Bhushan, and 91 for Padma Shri Awards.
- Dilip Mahalanabis (Medicine), Samajwadi Party founder and former UP CM
Mulayam Singh Yadav (Public Affairs), and architect Balakrishna Doshi have been picked to be awarded Padma Vibhushan posthumously.
- Among the nine people to be awarded Padma Bhushan are S L Bhyrappa in
Literature; Kumar Mangalam Birla in Trade & Industry; Deepak Dhar in Science & Engineering; Vani Jairam in Art; Swami Chinna Jeeyar in Others – Spiritualism Ninety-one other people, who have been selected for Padma Shri, are physician Ratan Chandra Kar (Medicine), Hirabai Lobi (Social Work), Tula Ram Upreti (Agriculture) etc.
- Other Padma Vibhushan Awardees:
- Zakir Hussain – Art (Maharashtra)
- S M Krishna – Public Affairs (Karnataka)
- Srinivas Varadhan – Science & Engineering (United States of America)
- The Padma Awards are one of the highest civilian honours of India announced annually on the eve of Republic Day.
- The Awards are given in three categories:
- Padma Vibhushan (for exceptional and distinguished service)
- Padma Bhushan (distinguished service of higher order)
- Padma Shri (distinguished service).
- The award seeks to recognize achievements in all fields of activities or disciplines where an element of public service is involved.
- The Padma Awards are conferred on the recommendations made by the Padma Awards Committee, which is constituted by the Prime Minister every year.
- The nomination process is open to the public. Even self-nomination can be made.
4)The G20 Startup20 Engagement Group will hold its inception meeting in which city from January 28-29, 2023?
B. New Delhi
The correct answer is Hyderabad.
- The G20 Startup20 Engagement Group will hold its inception meeting in Hyderabad from January 28-29, 2023.
- The group will discuss the productive development of policy recommendations on entrepreneurship and innovation priorities of and across G20 countries for the years ahead.
- The group will also bridge the knowledge gap between the startup ecosystems of G20 member countries.
- The Startup20 has three main task forces:
- Foundation and Alliances Taskforce
- Inclusion and Sustainability
- The Foundation and Alliances Taskforce will work to harmonize the global Startup ecosystem through consensus-based definitions.
- The Finance Taskforce will aim to increase access to capital for Startups by providing financing and investment platforms specifically for early-stage Startups.
- It will also create pitching and networking opportunities for Startups with the global investor community.
- Lastly, it will work to provide a framework built upon best practices for global investors to fund Startups across G20 member nations.
- For Inclusion and Sustainability, the roadmap involves increasing support for women-led Startups and organizations.
5) Who has been elected as Vice-Chair in the 12th Session of the FAO’s Intergovernmental Technical Working Group (ITWG) on Animal Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, held in Rome from 18-20 January 2023?
The correct answer is India.
- India has been elected as Vice-Chair in the 12th Session of the FAO’s
Intergovernmental Technical Working Group (ITWG) on Animal Genetic Resources (AnGR) for Food and Agriculture, held in Rome from 18-20 January 2023.
- Dr B N Tripathi, the National Coordinator from India was elected as Vice-Chair and also as Rapporteur of the 12th Session of ITWG and represented Asia & Pacific region.
- The Working Group was established by the FAO’s Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (CGRFA).
- It functions to review technical issues, advise and make recommendations to the Commission and further implement the Commission’s programme related to AnGR at global level.
- In the 12th Session of ITWG, implementation of the Global Plan of Action for Animal Genetic Resources, monitoring of AnGR diversity and preparing 3rd Country Report were reviewed.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is an international organization that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security.
- It was founded on 16 October 1945.
- The FAO is composed of 195 members.
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Director-General: Qu Dongyu
6)As per the data released by the Jal Shakti Ministry on 25 January 2023, how much percent of the targeted 19.3 crore households has been covered under Jal Jeevan Mission?
The correct answer is 56%.
- The Jal Shakti Ministry on 25 January 2023 announced that the government had provided 11 crore rural households with a tap water connection under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- As per the data released by Ministry, 56% of the targeted 19.3 crore households had been covered.
- Jal Jeevan Mission was announced by PM Modi on 15 August 2019 to provide every rural household with a tap water connection by 2024.
- Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, quality-affected villages, Aspirational districts, SC/ST majority villages, water-scarce areas and Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojna (SAGY) villages are prioritized for providing tap water supply.
- In the last 24 months, tap water supply has increased four-fold from 24 lakh (9.3%) to about 1.36 Crore (40%) households in 117 Aspirational districts.
Jal Jeevan Mission:
- It targets to supply 55 litres of water person per day to every rural household through Functional Household Tap Connections by 2024.
- It comes under Jal Shakti Ministry.
- It focuses on integrated demand and supply-side management of water at the local level.
- Paani Samitis plan, implement, manage, operate and maintain village water
7)Who has been selected as the ICC T20 Cricketer of the Year for the year 2022 for his stellar performance?
A. Virat Kohli
B. KL Rahul
C. Hardik Pandya
D. Suryakumar Yadav
The correct answer is Suryakumar Yadav.
- Indian cricketer Suryakumar Yadav has been selected as the ICC T20 Cricketer of the Year for the year 2022 for his stellar performance.
- Key Points
- Suryakumar Yadav scored 1164 runs in 31 T20 matches played in 2022.
- India’s Renuka Singh become the recipient of the ‘ICC Emerging Women’s Cricketer of the Year Award.’
- Australia’s Tahlia McGrath has been awarded ‘ICC T20 Women’s Cricketer of the Year award.’
- Additional Information
Other Sports News:
- Two-time world champion and defending Olympic champion Victor Axelsen
(Denmark) won the men’s singles title in Malaysia Open Badminton 2023, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in January 2023.
- Falak Mumtaz, an 11-year-old girl from Jammu and Kashmir has bagged a gold medal in the 23rd National Sqay Championship in January 2023.
- Indian squash prodigy Anahat Singh clinched the girls’ Under-15 squash title at the most prestigious British Junior Open tournament in Birmingham, in January 2023.
- The ‘Ekalabya Puraskar’ for the year 2022 was presented to cyclist Swasti Singh on 24 December 2022.
- Indian swimmer Siva Sridhar broke the national record in the men’s 200m
individual medley heats at the Short Course World Championships in Melbourne on 13 Dec 2022.
- Manu Bhaker bagged a gold medal in the 10-metre pistol junior women’s event at the National Shooting Championship in Bhopal.
8) In January 2023, which of the following has been awarded the ‘Green Railway Station Certificate’ with the highest Platinum rating by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for adopting green concepts?
A. Secunderabad Railway Station
B. Visakhapatnam Railway Station
C. Tirupati Railway Station
D. Vijayawada Junction railway station
The correct answer is Visakhapatnam Railway Station.
- Visakhapatnam Railway Station under East Coast Railway has been awarded in January 2023, the ‘Green Railway Station Certificate’ with the highest Platinum rating by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for adopting green concepts.
- Visakhapatnam secured 82 out of 100 points in six environmental categories.
- The certification was awarded in January 2023.
- The Green Railway Station Rating System has been developed by the Environment Directorate of Indian Railways in collaboration with IGBC.
- Visakhapatnam is one of the few railway stations to get this prestigious certificate for adopting green concepts, thereby, reducing the adverse environmental impact.
- It addresses national priorities such as water conservation, handling of waste, energy efficiency, reduced use of fossil fuel, lesser dependence on usage of virgin materials and health and well-being of occupants.
9)Which of the following launched India’s first AI-powered screening mechanism to automatically identify Chart Patterns in different stocks on 25 January 2023?
A. MetaTrader 4
The correct answer is StockEdge.
- StockEdge launched India’s first AI-powered screening mechanism to automatically identify Chart Patterns in different stocks with StockEdge Pro on 25 January 2023.
- If a user has a watchlist, then he can take a quick glance at a chart pattern across his selection of stocks.
- StockEdge is an Equity markets and mutual fund research platform, primarily based on NSE and BSE data.
- Founded in 2016, StockEdge has lived by its goal of empowering retail investors in India.
- In 2023, StockEdge came up with its breakthrough innovation-auto Chart Patterns recognition system.
- This feature will help a trader to take positions in the market.
- Many patterns have been added to the StockEdge Pro-Triangular pattern, Flag pattern, Head and Shoulders pattern, and Wedge patterns.
- The all-new StockEdge Pro plan will give a user complete access to chart patterns.
10)A swallowtail butterfly disappearing from its previously known ranges from Myanmar and southern China to Vietnam has been recorded for the first time in India in which state?
A. Arunachal Pradesh
The correct answer is Arunachal Pradesh.
- A swallowtail butterfly disappearing from its previously known ranges from Myanmar and southern China to Vietnam has been recorded for the first time in India in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Three butterfly enthusiasts, Atanu Bose, Loren Sonowal, and Monsoon Jyoti Gogoi recorded the “extremely rare” Noble’s Helen (Papilio noblei) in the Namdapha National Park of Arunachal Pradesh between September 2019 and September 2021.
- Chief Minister – Pema Khandu
- Governor – B. D. Mishra
- Lok Sabha seats – 2
- Rajya Sabha seats – 1
- Number of Districts – 25
- State Animal – Gayal
- State Bird – Great hornbill
- Registered GI – Arunachal Orange, Idu Mishmi Textiles
- Dams – Dibang Dam (Dibang River), Ranganadi Dam (Ranganadi River), Subansiri Lower Dam (Subansiri River).
- National Parks – Mouling National Park, Namdapha National Park.